Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Always Add Proviron Into Your Cycle

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
Proviron is an interesting and often overlooked bodybuilding drug. It’s an orally active form of DHT (Dihydrotestosterone) and as such, a proviron cycle delivers all the good and all the bad that DHT has to offer the bodybuilder.

As for the good, DHT from a Proviron cycle is a pure androgen, but unlike testosterone, DHT doesn’t cause any water retention. DHT is what makes muscle “hard.” And it lowers SHBG (Sex hormone Binding Globulin) which prevents estrogen from forming. By preventing estrogen from forming, DHT can be used to prevent the aromatization of other steroids. This means that DHT from a proviron cycle can keep steroids in the testosterone family from converting to estrogen and causing in men estrogen related side effects like gynecomastia. DHT also contributes to erectile rigidity. All good stuff! There are drawbacks however, most notably prostate hypertrophy and hair loss. So one may say DHT is pure maleness.

n the past, DHT was regarded as the “bad” form of testosterone and there have been many products available to reduce it. For example, Proscar slows hair loss by reducing DHT, but it also lowers the desirable aspect, mentioned above, that DHT brings. One of the side effects of Proscar is possible impotence, so pick your poison.

So, we know DHT can be tricky and we know we need it. But, where does Proviron fall into the equation? Well, proviron can be a nice addition to any cycle for a variety of reasons. Since it lowers SHBG it allows for more total testosterone to become bioavailable. Up to 90% of testosterone, be it natural or administered, remains in a “bound” state (due to SHBG) rendering it useless for building muscle. Proviron releases more active testosterone into the bloodstream so you can get more of its benefits.

Proviron also works well as an anti estrogen, in fact, it’s superior to most traditional anti e’s such as Nolvadex because there is no rebound effect. Instead of removing estrogen, proviron prevents the formation of estrogen in the first place.

Proviron is excellent for contest preparation because it adds density and definition. You see, androgen receptors are found in your fat cells as well as muscle cells and DHT binds so well that there’s a distinct fat burning effect from its use.

Many people use Proviron in between cycles to maintain muscle gains and libido. However, DHT will not do much in regard to maintaining muscle. And as with any drug, a tolerance is developed over time so using Proviron to help a lagging libido will just add to further suppression once the use of the drug has ceased.

The main downside of Proviron is that since it contains no anabolic properties, it will not result in much muscle growth if used alone. It truly is a “kicker” to other steroids, most notably testosterone. And although it doesn’t cause water retention, it can increase blood pressure. DHT can also increase irritability if duration exceeds more than a few weeks.

There have recently been advances in natural alternatives to Proviron. Avenacosides have been shown to lower SHBG and to raise free testosterone by as much as 20%. Since Proviron is used mostly as an ancillary substance and does not have much of an effect of actual growth, more and more people are opting to go the natural route. Although Avenacosides won’t work quite as well, they are effective and can be used in conjunction with a lower dose of Proviron for an even more powerful muscle hardening/libido enhancing effect.

Dosage: avg 50-75mg per day

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
Note: I did not write this article, but have incorporated Proviron into my cycles, and can say its a very underrated compound in our community!

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
I have heard these same things, good write up. I will be incorporating Proviron into an upcoming bulker for the first time.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
And it lowers SHBG (Sex hormone Binding Globulin) which prevents estrogen from forming. By preventing estrogen from forming, DHT can be used to prevent the aromatization of other steroids.

I'm not sure I understand this. Aromatization is the process by which the aromatase enzyme operates on testosterone to convert it to estrogen. Does DHT affect the aromatase enzyme? How does it prevent aromatization?

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
I'm not sure I understand this. Aromatization is the process by which the aromatase enzyme operates on testosterone to convert it to estrogen. Does DHT affect the aromatase enzyme? How does it prevent aromatization?

Hey Tommy, I'm a little late with my response to this one, lol. To be honest, I'm not certain. Maybe it's broscience, but I've heard that proviron helps prevent estrogen conversion to a degree. Granted, its not nearly as good at doing that as arimidex. I incorporate proviron with my TRT regimen, and love the way it hardens me up. Night and day difference with it than without using it, especially now that I'm shedding bodyfat for the summer months ahead.

I just wanted to bump this post up, maybe someone here know that answer to Tommy's question. I'm curious too.

Fanofiron

Fanofiron

May 11, 2014
Proviron is one of my favorite aas and orals of all time! It's not that it is amazing by itself. It's more the synergy it gives with test. It's an amazing mood elevator. Makes me happy as hell!
50-100mg is a good dose but 150 recomp a very fast IMHO. I had never seen fat loss/recomp from it before until I tried 150. I wasn't even dieting or anything. I was trying to prove these 3 way girls wrong that it's not bunk so I upped my dosage. I was like why and I getting so lean?? Ohh yeah the proviron! U see it binds with adipose fat via the andro receptor but I never noticed it at 50-100. I'm going to do a log soon with 150-200.
Anyways here's what it did for me....and ****if fast!! My contest prep buddy said it really shines for recomp run high!

All about prov
http://www.steroid.com/Proviron.php
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400341094.274604.jpg

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
Proviron is one of my favorite aas and orals of all time! It's not that it is amazing by itself. It's more the synergy it gives with test. It's an amazing mood elevator. Makes me happy as hell!
50-100mg is a good dose but 150 recomp a very fast IMHO. I had never seen fat loss/recomp from it before until I tried 150. I wasn't even dieting or anything. I was trying to prove these 3 way girls wrong that it's not bunk so I upped my dosage. I was like why and I getting so lean?? Ohh yeah the proviron! U see it binds with adipose fat via the andro receptor but I never noticed it at 50-100. I'm going to do a log soon with 150-200.
Anyways here's what it did for me....and ****if fast!! My contest prep buddy said it really shines for recomp run high!

All about prov
http://www.steroid.com/Proviron.php
View attachment 6007

You look good man. How long have you been using it at 150mg a day?
I'm running a decent dose of test, and cutting down. You're right on with the synergy of test and proviron. I've been using 50-75mg per day with good results, but never done over 150mg. Very interesting!

Fanofiron

Fanofiron

May 11, 2014
I was only on it 3-4 weeks and it did this very fast. I know this sounds crazy but it recomped me as good as tren ace does.
I lost interest in the 3 way girls and lowered my dose as to conserve the proviron lol. If u are already leaner try 150mg Ed some time guys. Be sure to have 1-3 gf's or wife and 2 gf's lol.

raysd21

raysd21

Feb 6, 2014
I am currently running high EQ and low test and the 4 weeks I took a break from proviron while running pheraplex were ****ing horrible. Libido was....shit. Felt really down. Off of the oral and back on the proviron I'm feeling much better. Even being on 25mg makes a huge difference for me.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I am currently running high EQ and low test and the 4 weeks I took a break from proviron while running pheraplex were ****ing horrible. Libido was....shit. Felt really down. Off of the oral and back on the proviron I'm feeling much better. Even being on 25mg makes a huge difference for me.

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Does that mean you'll stop peeing in everyone's cheerios?

raysd21

raysd21

Feb 6, 2014
Glad to hear you're feeling better. Does that mean you'll stop peeing in everyone's cheerios?

I wouldn't ruin perfectly good food like that. Have a nice day.:homo:

any1uno

any1uno

MuscleHead
Dec 22, 2010
I've been kicking around the thought of Prov just to see what it does for me. Am interested in learning more about it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic