Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Alternative Anxiety Supplements

goof321

goof321

Nov 18, 2011
Does anyone know of a supplement or multitude of supplements that can help with the reduction and suppression of s anxiety/panic attacks. Lately being at the gym or anywhere public, sometimes even laying in bed, I get these massive panic attacks. I have been legally taking benzodiazapines since i was 19 (Im 33 now) Im getting rather tired of taking these meds even tho they do work. I would like to find something natural or otc that can help my situation. My focus is off and I am suffering tremendously in the gym as well as outside.
You guys/gals are extremely knowledgeable and may have tried things I haven't tried before.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

G.

wesleyinman

wesleyinman

MuscleHead
Jan 9, 2014
Phenibut is very often used. I have heard people use theanine and various other herbs and nootropics.

When I administered meds, the best combo I saw was low dosage Klonopin combined with Xanax used PRN (as needed). Xanax under the tongue until it dissolves can usually take care of a panic attack with ease.

Also meditation and breathing exercises helped, as did eliminating alcohol, drugs, stimulants and as much stress as possible.

In some cases, adding meds, or solutions actually was shown to relieve immediate anxiety but at the same time cause or prolong anxiety in it's users.

Good luck.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
^^^ that

I use meditation. No drugs no supplements and I am cool as a cucumber.

D

Divorce

MuscleHead
Aug 11, 2011
Magnesium/ No flush niacin.

Ideally it would be mindfulness.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Pbenibut causes dependance and also requires more and more for desired effect. Read a lot of people have trouble coming off it. GABA has been shown to help without any negative sides.

Just do take too much or it can cause breathing issues. That is at 4-5g though....higher than therapeutic doses

goof321

goof321

Nov 18, 2011
Pbenibut causes dependance and also requires more and more for desired effect. Read a lot of people have trouble coming off it. GABA has been shown to help without any negative sides.

Just do take too much or it can cause breathing issues. That is at 4-5g though....higher than therapeutic doses
I have heard mixed reviews on this Phenibut. I might give it a try.
GABA makes my ears get red as a cherry and tingle and I get this feeling of I cant take a deep enough breathe. Not sure if my dosage was too much or its just the way my body reacts to it.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
The breathing really helps bro, I battled anxiety for years and ended up on a med for awhile, tapered off of it and do the meditation and breathing thing.

mjbanks

mjbanks

Nov 4, 2015
as one of those people with calculated people skills, great for internet tho, the more I work out, the calmer I get, but for the normal person, stress is caused by actual physical stress, too much gym without rest time is way stress mode, it could even be too much pillow folding your neck, bad posture the whole day, or maybe rigidity like knots because not stretching;

There's also your nutrition, sugar/bread/carbs crashes, not for nothing, i'm good with stimulants, coffee, tea, other, etc, (to a point) and a a total mess with depressants, i can't toke/drink (tequila is a wildcard) and didn't even know it until as of late, I can't hang with those, you could be the opposite, or it could easily be - too much of - a good thing stressing the body, mind;

AND there's also the focus, aside from fuel and lifting, sometimes early to bed, early to rise, sorta, and pray/meditate, I always have to add, but I have to defragment my thoughts now and then, maybe you need REM sleep, or stimulating conversation, entertaining experiences, action, adventure!

* i told you so crew *

mjbanks

mjbanks

Nov 4, 2015
* do you lift, bro? crew *

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic