Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Alpha-lipoic acid (ALA) a few facts...

bigrobbie

bigrobbie

TID OG Member
Sep 19, 2010
Lipoic acid supplementation, in theory, increase not only the size, but also number of cell mitochondria. Mitochondria are what powers the cells in the body responsible for regulating the bodies energy needs and metabolism. ALA (alpha-lipoic acid) protects the the mitochondria from free radicals produced during exercise. Blood sugar metabolism is also more stable when supplementing ALA. In studies conducted by the China Agricultural University in Beijing aging mice given ALA supplements showed an increase in energy metabolism and cell mitochondria production. Improvement in body composition, blood sugar regulation and "fat free weight" (also refered to as lean mass). Increases in energy expendutiure and longer cellular lifespan was also recorded. ALA is an effictive antioxident that also has the potential to be an effictive anti-aging supplement that also promotes an increase in the bodies metobolic rate.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Taking ALA and chromium picolinate together has been shown to exert a powerful effect over blood sugar levels. This combination is a common reccomendation for patients with type 2 diabetes. The dosing is usually 300mg ALA to 200mcg Chromium Picolinate.

B

bigscott

Oct 22, 2010
my nutritionist has me take in ala pre and post w --- works very well

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I used to take vandayl Sulfate before and after I lifted, I always got some awesome pumps from that stuff. However, as time goes on, I find taking Jacked 3D (or some nox) and drinking gatorade, the pumps are much better. The sugar and electro's help me train harder too.

B

bigscott

Oct 22, 2010
I used to take vandayl Sulfate before and after I lifted, I always got some awesome pumps from that stuff. However, as time goes on, I find taking Jacked 3D (or some nox) and drinking gatorade, the pumps are much better. The sugar and electro's help me train harder too.

JackD , i take in vandayl sulfate when i get pumped before i go onstage -- it works very well

Last edited by a moderator:
angelo212

angelo212

Sep 22, 2010
Problem with ALA is the absorption rate is horrible. Less then 30% gets absorbed. The R-ala version is much better absorbed and more expensive. ALA is very cheap. They even make 600mg versions of this so I recommend to take a higher dose. I take 300mg 3x a day after every heavy meal. A simple search will show the absorption rate as it was on a medical site just recently.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Aparently you are the guy to ask about CLA then. Ready set go...

C

Cabo Jo

Thick n Wide VIP
Jun 26, 2011
ALA and NAC everyday.Never miss especially if runnung orals.

goof321

goof321

Nov 18, 2011
Dont forget to add in the biotin, r-ALA does have a tendency to lower biotin levels. Its always great to add it into the mix. There is a product called 'INSLOW" that has some great info regarding r-ALA and Biotin and its effects on blood glucose levels and carbohydrate absorbstion.

Goof

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic