Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Alcohol and weight loss

chestrockwell420

chestrockwell420

MuscleHead
Oct 9, 2012
man you know the drill as everyone has stated above...if you do drink keep it light. me and my woman drink vodka and crystal lite...low calories and many flavors. stay away from the flavored vodkas too

R

Rai080

MuscleHead
Sep 11, 2013
A fee time a month isn't going to kill you, but I think it really depends on your diet program, goals and time frame.

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
Alcohol metabolizes as fat. Plus your body dealing with it as a toxin.

I had been straightedge for a whole buncha years, drinking alcohol now on occasion doesn't seem like a dedicated trainees path- speaking only about myself.

D

DocD

Aug 4, 2013
I don't think 1 night like ounces or twice a month will hurt your progress.

You have to enjoy life. Unless you wanna compete soon, then I would say don't drink but one or two drinks once every two weeks or so.

If you just wanna look nice, choose a couple nights out of the month to have fun.

^^^^^this...

D

Docd187123

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2013
Alcohol metabolizes as fat. Plus your body dealing with it as a toxin.

I had been straightedge for a whole buncha years, drinking alcohol now on occasion doesn't seem like a dedicated trainees path- speaking only about myself.

How does alcohol metabolize as fat?

rezjzzor084

rezjzzor084

MuscleHead
Dec 17, 2013
How does alcohol metabolize as fat?

Your liver is the primary site for alcohol metabolism; this is why you can have liver problems from consuming too much alcohol,
unlike protein, carbohydrates, and fat, there is nowhere for alcohol to be stored in our body so it has be metabolized first.

Last edited:
D

Docd187123

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2013
Your liver is the primary site for alcohol metabolism; this is why you can have liver problems from consuming too much alcohol,
unlike protein, carbohydrates, and fat, there is nowhere for alcohol to be stored in our body so it has be metabolized first.

I understand that. Alcohol metabolism takes precedence over nutrient metabolism but I'm wondering how it gets metabolized into fat specifically? Maybe I misunderstood or something but does that mean the energy from alcohol metabolism gets stored as fat specifically or the other nutrients get stored as fat while waiting to finish metabolizing the alcohol, or another scenario I'm missing?

flex001

flex001

May 15, 2013
I've consumed straight alcohol while on a Ketogenic diet and have still had good results. As indicated, the body will stop burning fat for fuel and switch to alcohol however it will switch back once used up. The key is to make certain that there's a negative calorie deficit. Since the alcohol is taking the place however of the fat that was being burned, I count those calories and include them in my daily fat macros so I stay on track.

I will add though that I've had better results during alcohol free cutting however my job is stressful as hell so sometimes I can go 3 - 4 months without a drink and other times I can only go about a week or two.

Last edited:
rezjzzor084

rezjzzor084

MuscleHead
Dec 17, 2013
I understand that. Alcohol metabolism takes precedence over nutrient metabolism but I'm wondering how it gets metabolized into fat specifically? Maybe I misunderstood or something but does that mean the energy from alcohol metabolism gets stored as fat specifically or the other nutrients get stored as fat while waiting to finish metabolizing the alcohol, or another scenario I'm missing?

it's the nature of alcohol that it pushes itself forward in the waiting line of metabolism and stops anything else. it's a quite agressive substance and even the digestive cognac after a fat meal doesn't really support the metabolism of alcohol. it's only a warm feeling of more blood circulation in your stomach - i found this nice chart :-B

23-7.jpg

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic