Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Alcohol and weight loss

matthewk04

matthewk04

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2013
Just got engaged. Really got to focus on cutting it up for real. Anybody manage to lose weight while still engaging in the occasional binge drinking?

rezjzzor084

rezjzzor084

MuscleHead
Dec 17, 2013
The problem is to keep the low weight when you stop alcohol and wee - or at least then the situation might be different -
some call it depression - some have other lacks of enjoyment -

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Calories... If you are really focused on cutting, then binge drinking is not in your vocabulary. There are some who will tell you to just drink clear spirits and diet coke, but I think that any alcohol is contrary to your goals. Fortunately for me, I can drink all the coors light I can afford.

Reactions: HGH
Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I don't think 1 night like ounces or twice a month will hurt your progress.

You have to enjoy life. Unless you wanna compete soon, then I would say don't drink but one or two drinks once every two weeks or so.

If you just wanna look nice, choose a couple nights out of the month to have fun.

HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
if you're really trying to cut you can't drink.

when i'm trying not to drink but still want to be social i order a club soda with a lime in it. everyone assumes it's gin and tonic and no one tries to pressure me into drinking.

matthewk04

matthewk04

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2013
Haha I like drinking I know I gotta cut it pretty much zero was just hoping for a magic bullet.

D

Docd187123

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2013
When you ingest alcohol you are shutting down your metabolism to other things. The body recognized alcohol as a poison and concentrates on metabolizing alcohol first and foremost. In the interim, every other calorie you take in will be stored instead of utilized for it's intended purpose. This means a greater rate of fat storage. Drinking and weights don't go so well hand in hand. No one is saying to completely cut your drinking but binge drinking and frequent drinking will not be conducive to your goals.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Is your name docd187123? My assumption was that you were some sort of medical professional. I apologize for the confusion

D

Docd187123

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2013
Is your name docd187123? My assumption was that you were some sort of medical professional. I apologize for the confusion

That's my username lol. I'm not a doctor, I apologize if that caused any confusion

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic