Members
Latest Member
squallreno
What's New?

Alcohol and gains.

H

hypertrophyshakra

Dec 18, 2022
I'm looking to gather info on people's experience having a couple drinks every now and then and making gains in the gym and burning fat as well. Obvious one isn't supposed to mix certain supplements and alcohol. What are your thoughts iron den?

P

Pen Sillman

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Just my stupid opinion... You can drink and make gains. I certainly did. As long as you do it in moderation. But as far as alcohol and making gains goes, I can't think of a single benefit from alcohol when it comes to weight lifting or improving your health and gains. It's a dirty effing drug that has ruined more lives than it has ever helped. But, far be it from me to preach about not drinking. I'm no kind of an example. But I'll say one thing. It's f'ing hell to work out if you're hungover.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
A couple drinks every now and again is open for interpretation. What is a couple and what does every now and again mean? For me, that means two beers a few times a year. In that case, no impact. For some that means, a six pack a couple times a week. Not good for bodybuilding.

P

pincushn

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
A couple drinks every now and again is open for interpretation. What is a couple and what does every now and again mean? For me, that means two beers a few times a year. In that case, no impact. For some that means, a six pack a couple times a week. Not good for bodybuilding.
This

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
I have never ever been a drinker. I tried it when I was young a few times and it screwed me up stamina wise. But in moderation it can good for you.

gbagh

gbagh

VIP Member
Dec 2, 2022
If I think back on it, 90%+ of the bad decisions that I made in my life involved alcohol LOL. For sure LOL.

Imagine being your 40s and looking back and being to wipe out 90%+ of the bad decisions you ever made. That would be nice.

I personally don't drink anymore. I gave up drinking and smoking on the same day in 2019. I will say that alcohol is much better for bulking than it is for cutting. If you NEED a break from reality, I think that THC is a better choice health wise.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I drink every couple months. The biggest problem I have is appetite the next day.

I would imagine if I drank more often it could become an issue.

Or, maybe I should overeat like @jipped genes before bed then I'm good the next day. Lol

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic