lk has no balls
What's New?

Alcohol and Gains

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
My wife and I have 2 alcoholic drinks (she Vodka/club me Cognac/Armagnac neat) and a few pulls from the Vaporizer at least 3 night per week right up to show week. We have never suffered any detrimental effects that could be measured. The stress relief and subsequent great sex that follows this ritual; is definitely a strong benefit for overall health for both of us :)

Reactions: 5.0
OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
Like everyone else here just watch the dehydratio, and calories if your prepping for a contest, other wise go for it.... Im a rum or crown guy my self...right out of the bottle...less pissing, and no hang over.....

ajdonutz

ajdonutz

VIP Member
May 23, 2012
I think it's largely individual. I notice a pretty large difference during periods I go with zero alcohol for months and when I drink a couple nights per week or so for a while. I know people who drink every night and it doesn't seem to effect them. Then again, who knows where theyd be if they didn't.

MissMonsterr

MissMonsterr

TID Lady Member
Apr 9, 2015
Then again, who knows where theyd be if they didn't.

lol That is verbatim what I said that sparked the on-going debate I have currently with friends.
My fiancé drinks a beer a night and we pondered it when he concluded with "But obviously it's not hurting much *flex*" and I couldn't help but say "Who knows where you would be if you DIDN'T though."
And on it has gone...

Anyways, a bit of research I found (it's Final Exam time, I find ways to procrastinate):

Growth Hormone: Drinking before bed can disrupt your natural sleep rhythm as much as 70%, which the majority of hormones released are regulated in the beginning of sleep...when the alcohol is in your system most. The hormone found to be most effected by alcohol consumption in moderate amounts was growth hormone.

Test and Estrogen: Estrogen increased in males and testosterone isn't converted to t3, or metabolizes quickly with a lack of use, with alcohol in the system due to increased peripheral conversion. This has a large role in why alcoholics experience testicular atrophy.

ATP and Glycogen: Which is stored at lower levels and blocked, but I quit reading specifics as to the process/reason/etc.

Will the occasional drink kill months of hard work, I never thought that lol but from what I have found as of yet having a beverage a night may actually have suppressing effects.

This wasn't really deep research though, maybe page 9 on Google and some Scholar articles but I wouldn't swear this is all 100% correct, just what I have found.

Iron Sand

Iron Sand

Apr 18, 2015
Like everyone else here just watch the dehydratio, and calories if your prepping for a contest, other wise go for it.... Im a rum or crown guy my self...right out of the bottle...less pissing, and no hang over.....

I am doing this more and more. Never been a big drinker. Nick name is TwoBeers. But I am opting for just whiskey lately. Tonight I had two whiskey and waters at the bar. And the water was a quick splash.

But...who knows where I'd be if.....

MissMonsterr

MissMonsterr

TID Lady Member
Apr 9, 2015
I am doing this more and more. Never been a big drinker. Nick name is TwoBeers. But I am opting for just whiskey lately. Tonight I had two whiskey and waters at the bar. And the water was a quick splash.

But...who knows where I'd be if.....

Lmao who knows? Maybe you would be the new Franco Columbu or Arnold if you just fixed your problems in the gym and not at the bar! *Tisk tisk*

lol but likely two whiskeys and a name like TwoBeers you don't have much to worry about though :) :p

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic