Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Agmatine reverses pain induced by inflammation,

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Agmatine reverses pain induced by inflammation, neuropathy, and spinal cord injury

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC27068/
Antagonists of glutamate receptors of the N-methyl-d-aspartate subclass (NMDAR) or inhibitors of nitric oxide synthase (NOS) prevent nervous system plasticity. Inflammatory and neuropathic pain rely on plasticity, presenting a clinical opportunity for the use of NMDAR antagonists and NOS inhibitors in chronic pain. Agmatine (AG), an endogenous neuromodulator present in brain and spinal cord, has both NMDAR antagonist and NOS inhibitor activities.

Agmatine is a novel polyamine that’s gaining recognition as a powerful ergogenic. It is formed within the body after L-Arginine interacts with the enzyme arginine decarboxylase. It acts as a neurotransmitter, a precursor to the polyamines and has many other key biological functions within the body.

Agmatine is an imidazoline receptor agonist. Imidazoline receptors have several functions: regulation of insulin secretion, pain modulation, and neuroprotection/neuromodulation. Clonidine, another imidazoline receptor agonist, has been noted to stimulate the release of luteinizing hormone (LH). Researchers conducted tests on agmatine and found that it can also modulate the release of LH from its interaction with hypothalamic tissues. The modulation of imidazoline receptors by agmatine has also been shown to improve insulin sensitivity.

Agmatine is also a positive modulator of the nitric oxide synthase (NOS) pathway. Nitric oxide synthases are a group of enzymes that produce nitric oxide from the amino acid L-Arginine. Increased nitric oxide results in vasodilation, which increases blood flow, nutrient delivery to skeletal muscle, and oxygen transport.

Last edited:
MPMC

MPMC

VIP Member
Jul 22, 2011
Ive been reading up on this stuff for a couple weeks now. I think I'm going to pick some up and start adding it to my pre workout drinks.

bigrobbie

bigrobbie

TID OG Member
Sep 19, 2010
Nice info bro...also don't forget 5- HTP. It helps promote positive mood, restful sleep and it also can stabilize mood...eating, and 9-10 hours sleep if you err life allows.

StrongLyfe

StrongLyfe

Mr. Worxx
Aug 25, 2012
Great read and I should look into this to help deal with the pain in my back and knees

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic