Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

advice

B

babaraboosh

Feb 20, 2020
ey guys and girls.
Iv been doing a 6 day split routine consisting of back/bi/ --------Shoulders---- Chest/ Tri repeat.
Just been wondering if im putting too much strain on my shoulders as they are been used straight the next day in chest day and was wondering if anyone could tell me if this would be a better routine for me ?
Arms/legs monday ----- Chest/tris/shoulders wednesday --- arms/legs friday then chest tris and shoulders Saturday. Would that make more sense as to not overload myself going 6 days and using my shoulders a bit too much.
Sorry for noob question.

alpha

alpha

VIP Member
May 1, 2012
There is no right answer here. Simple solution to your original question would be to split the days up in a different order, I'd put back/bi's between the shoulder and chest day.

With that said, without an exact exercise split, no one can tell you if you are doing too much for your shoulders two days in a row. Have you developed any shoulder issues (impingements, pain, imbalances, etc)? What is your goal for the split you have laid out and why did you choose to do it this way? How have your results been with this split? We also don't know the volume at which you hit each movement/movement patter/muscle, so there really isn't much advice anyone can give that wont be a blanket statement.

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
I agree with alpha that it's hard to say without more information. In fact, there have been times when I have been doing a lot of heavy bench pressing type movements for my chest, and rowing type movements for my back, when I did not need to do any extra arm or shoulder work at all.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
What I have always trained one body part per day/week really well, maybe I’ve done Arms twice, or incorporated other exercises into my routine. But I’ve always taken off 2 days per week to just eat and recover.

I’m not saying 6 days is to much, maybe it’s perfect for you for 6 weeks, then you switch it up. But you know the answer based on how you are feeling.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
ey guys and girls.
Iv been doing a 6 day split routine consisting of back/bi/ --------Shoulders---- Chest/ Tri repeat.
Just been wondering if im putting too much strain on my shoulders as they are been used straight the next day in chest day and was wondering if anyone could tell me if this would be a better routine for me ?
Arms/legs monday ----- Chest/tris/shoulders wednesday --- arms/legs friday then chest tris and shoulders Saturday. Would that make more sense as to not overload myself going 6 days and using my shoulders a bit too much.
Sorry for noob question.
If you are a beginner, or experienced, but pusing hard, you may find your tendons and joints are sore and tired the day after a workout. In that case I would definitely work a different bodypart the next day. If they are not sore and tired, it probably is fine to exercise them two days in a row, but I don't recommend you do that more than once a week so they have time to recover before you exercise them again.

BTW, you can take anything Alpha says and put it into the bank and keep it forever, because it is pure gold.....

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic