Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Advice please....

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
so, that lil blue looking spot on my let that is bulgy.....I have had it for years but today that lil sucker really put up a fuss. I had finished my warm up squats and did my first set of working weight (only 130#, nothing major) and after I racked the bar I got this hot white stabbing pain in the vicinity of that vein (it normally looks like a collapsed vein, not sure if it would be considered varicose or not) and I couldn't put any weight on it for almost 10 minutes. The pain has lessened, but it still feels odd (kind of cold and weird)....

so, my question is-since I have no intention of stopping lifting LOL...should I maybe start wearing a pressure band over that spot? I don't do doctors unless I absolutely have to...so give me some good opinions from the trenches :)

It is feeling better, just not normal....I finished my workout with the exception of the split squats....can't let a lil vein pain ruin my day LOL

http://www.theironden.com/members/shan-albums-me-stuff-picture790-vein-ugh.jpg

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
hmmmmmm i would try the bands/stocking. i will ponder a bit on this. crazy afternoon.

B

Bilter

VIP Member
Jun 7, 2011
I dunno. I dont like going to see Dr's either but if its a question of a little down time now instead of a lot of unexpected down time later, I'll take it now.

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
well...I spoke with my aunt the nurse, and yep, its a varicose vein UGH! I am going to definitely be supporting it with pressure in the future, I do not want it to rupture, and I have no desire to have surgery, so I will just take care of it :)

Thanks

Mindlesswork

Mindlesswork

Crusty Poo Butt
Sep 21, 2010
I got one of those on my right calf and while it is ugly I haven't had a problem yet but will watch it closely

MightyMouse719

MightyMouse719

National Champion & VIP Member
Jul 8, 2011
I would go with Rehband knee sleeves and see if it helps.

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
Horsetail, Vit K, Extra C Hawthorne Berry and Fish Oil would be good supplements to help.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic