Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Advice on female weight loss.

T

The Rockette

TID Lady Member
Apr 16, 2013
The exact definition of "clean" varies. But, if I say "clean your diet up" there is a general consensus of what that means.

And I stand by my statement on boiled chicken and broccoli until someone shows me a subject that actually got fatter eating like that. Never happened.

Well of course it's never happened cuz who the hell could stomach that much chicken and broccoli... Gross
But a surplus is a surplus... If you eat more than you burn you're gonna gain. Now that is FACT

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
The old statement of "shop the perimeter of the grocery store " stands to be pretty accurate ;)

Wow, I never even thought of that before. That's pretty cool.

The thing I tell my clients is, make sure your diet is colorful. You can talk to them until you're blue in the face, but they will STILL ask "Well, what about...". lol Usually the color method at least gets them on the right track.

Regardless, I do see GS's side as well, however, if someone stuck to only boneless/skinless chicken breasts and broccoli, they will more than likely fail. That's setting up a majority of people to fail. Even so, it still lacks some other nutrients as well.

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
The old statement of "shop the perimeter of the grocery store " stands to be pretty accurate ;) Good balance of cardio/weight training and portion control...these three things should be all one needs to see results. :)

Good point! I'm going to start cleaning up her diet today. I understand how the frozen meals help with portion control But not much else.

DobieQueen

DobieQueen

TID Lady Member
Dec 12, 2013
Eliminate ready meals! So much crap and salt in them! She will become the skinny fat, kill her metabolism and have a hard time toning. Stick to basics... Chicken, low sodium tuna, green veggies and all peppers, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, etc. Pick food that burn fat and boost metabolism.. I totally disagree with someone saying to skip fats... Being a woman, since we have different need than you guys.. we need good fats, handful of nuts and a spoonful of pb a day or eggs will admittedly make her lose weight... Unless she plans on eating several jars of pb per day! Lol... I eat good fats with each meal, I eat 6-8 times a day, I'm at 15% body fat and 130lbs... So that theory is wrong... She needs good fats! Nothing wrong with that... Add fish oil and olive oil too! We need that to help with fat burning and metabolism. Clean eating means eat the basics..low/no sodium, eliminate sugars... Do not eat out of a ready container or can (except low sodium tuna, of course)... Prepare fresh food... Yes Mrs dash is the best! So tastey! Plus Paprika, pepper, salt substitute... There are tons of options... Be smart and invest the time in prepping your meals... Eat every 3 hours...

As for training, she needs to do both...cardio and weights... She just started training, let her get into it and she will love it! WOMEN WILL NEVER BE "HUGE" FROM WEIGHT TRAINING, get that out out her head...

What are get stats currently? How much is she looking to lose?

Last edited:

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
Good point! I'm going to start cleaning up her diet today. I understand how the frozen meals help with portion control But not much else.

You couldn't pay me to eat a frozen meal..lol What good is portion control when what you eat is loaded with so much crap that you are usually hungrier sooner because of it. Eat clean whole foods and stay fuller longer and believe me, my meals are small compared to many others.

Clean up her diet and you will see a big difference :)

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
Thanks especially to the the ladies for posting up what has worked for you! Dobie Queen you gave me what I was waiting for! Thanks for that! If I posted where she is now she would kill me. Her Dr had her on Paxil & it messed with her, I'm honestly not sure why he even put her on it?! She was 130-135 when we met & she wants to get back to that weight. She is absolutely gorgeous anyway but her self confidence was so much higher when we first got together! She held her head high & was proud of herself. I want her to get all that back too & will support her through it all.

DobieQueen

DobieQueen

TID Lady Member
Dec 12, 2013
Thanks especially to the the ladies for posting up what has worked for you! Dobie Queen you gave me what I was waiting for! Thanks for that! If I posted where she is now she would kill me. Her Dr had her on Paxil & it messed with her, I'm honestly not sure why he even put her on it?! She was 130-135 when we met & she wants to get back to that weight. She is absolutely gorgeous anyway but her self confidence was so much higher when we first got together! She held her head high & was proud of herself. I want her to get all that back too & will support her through it all.

Yes your support and this contest will keep her motivated... As long as she's 1000% dedicated and on board with this!

And trust me, I've been through enough in my life from being ready for show, then a vegetable in a wheel chair and pumped with meds to where I am today... I went from 125lbs at 11%bf to 198lbs and 46% bf in less than a year! So I know what drugs can do to your body... I've been at the gym since I was 15... I also got myself back on track once I was able to go back to the gym 2 years ago... I lost all my weight too... All done with food, cardio and weight training... I recently started back up on aas but most my success was from diet, the aas assisted in the final tweaking. But your girl isn't there yet... She needs to naturally max out with her training before you add those supplements. ECA stack is the only thing I would suggest if she's wanting a little extra to help her with fat loss.

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
Dobie I tried to PM you but not sure if they are going.? Thanks!

DobieQueen

DobieQueen

TID Lady Member
Dec 12, 2013
Dobie I tried to PM you but not sure if they are going.? Thanks!

Yes! Got your message... Been super busy and haven't had a chance to reply... Will reply shortly :)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic