Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Advice on drug testing powerlifting event

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
I want to participate at a powerlifting event which is scheduled on the middle of May. I am on self-prescribed TRT but I am also thinking about doing a blast to get me higher in the ranks. From your experience, how often do they actually test on competitions? Regardless of what I do now, i mean, even if I don't blast, i will still have metabolites from the Omnadren I use for TRT. I inject 100-125mgs every Monday and take 0.5 Adex on Monday and Thursdays. I also do a 1000iu HCG injection every Thursday.

How should I proceed?

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
You'll pop on a test if you're on TRT. Check the federation's guidelines regarding their drug testing and have someone contact them if they don't have insight into their TRT regulations in their online info. If it's a drug-tested event, why not bail from it and go into an untested federation? No reason to compete against those who aren't manipulating hormones?

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Yeah, I agree with the fellas above.

Literally no point in setting yourself up to get blackballed.

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
Wow, i think i may have put it the wrong way. There's no drug free federation where I live, 1st and 2nd, i know guys who compete in these "natural" competitions and they compete on Test/Tren/Anadrol stacks. It mostly is politics. If I knew for sure that the guys competing are drug free, then I would even bother thinking about competing against them.

From what I know, they rarely test anyone. I just want to know what happens in case they do. I read some interesting things about Green Tea and certain NSAID's.

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
Why the **** do you want to gas and compete as a natty?

You know what I do to get higher in the ranks?

I TRAIN HARDER

Do you think that olympic level athletes are natural? If not then do you really believe that they don't train hard? Because they train harder than most of us ever will. There are also bodybuilding competitions that are supposed to be very strict with drug testing like Musclemania. Tell me the name of one of the top competitors on each class that isn't a ripped 200-220lbs monster with cable veins.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
Do you think that olympic level athletes are natural? If not then do you really believe that they don't train hard? Because they train harder than most of us ever will. There are also bodybuilding competitions that are supposed to be very strict with drug testing like Musclemania. Tell me the name of one of the top competitors on each class that isn't a ripped 200-220lbs monster with cable veins.

Tested feds like the USAPL are generally pretty strict with the drug testing. Yes, people do cheat the system, and get by. Why? I have no idea. This isn't the Olympics. It's a backyard PL meet, and there are more untested feds out there then tested.

To me, anyone running gear to compete in a tested fed is a fraud. There are plenty of untested feds out there. You say there are no untested feds near you, so I don't have an answer for what you should do.

I'm not trying to bust balls. I compete in an untested fed, and I'm not some high and mighty natty guy. I just feel that if you are on gear, you should compete in an untested fed, and leave the natty feds to the nattys.

Most guys I know that compete agree with me...

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
The meet will be held under GPA and as far as I know, they don't drug test. Because it is a national level championship, our local federation who arranged the meet, might drug test. As I said before, i would never compete against natural guys, it's just not me. If there's a single chance I'll get burned, then I won't cycle and probably try to find a doctor to get me on TRT. That's what I am worried about.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic