Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Advice needed!

W

woody081

Jan 19, 2012
So a little background on me

Early 20's 5years of training behind me. 5'10 105kg body weight 225 ish pounds. Bench 315 squat 365 deadlift 440. I've been researching AAS for just about a year now.

Anyway question is ..... Is it worth it?

I'm happy with my gains thus far but my end goal is to be a freak not just in decent shape. I wanna know whether you guys/girls are glad you took the road toward aas or think you should have held on til later years.

My big issue is my inspirations/role models are the likes of stan efferding Dorian Yates ronnie Coleman and they'res no way I could get anywhere near those guys without a little enhancement.

I am thinking of competing in both bodybuilding and powerlifting in the next years

Thanks in advance. Any and all opinions welcome

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
I guess it depends on what your exact goals are. I didn't start AAS until my 30's and it was after having trouble maintaining were I was due to old age and injuries. I'm really glad I didn't start it earlier in life but I didn't have ambitions of getting a pro-card in BB if thats what you are after it's hard to avoid. In powerlifting you don't need at all unless you compete in a federation that doesn't test.

W

woody081

Jan 19, 2012
It's the age thing that bothers me. Just don't wanna regret getting involved in it all to early

Project

Project

Jun 22, 2011
in my opinion it's only worth it if a) you're maxed out genetically and b) you're willing to take the risk. don't take b lightly. this stuff is safe if used correctly, but highly illegal

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Some reality here....

Brother I don't know what you look like know, but those guys aren't what they are because of gear. Genetics is the key factor.

So keep waiting as long as you can. I'm sure you can still make more natural progress. But it wouldn't kill you if you decided now was the right time. Its really an internal decision by you.

I usually refer people to this at a time where they are asking this question.

Last edited by a moderator:
marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
Very good link PoB. Thanks.

I was coming up on 30, myself, woody081.

Are you genetically gifted, bro?

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
It depends on his goals.guys like levrone and wheeler and demayo where on the gear at a very young age but these guys had great genetics to go along with it.my opinion wait another 2 or 3 years.i was 22 when I started.the main thing about steroid use is understand the compounds and don't abuse them get your blood tested along with bp and your good to go along with a good diet.one thing your gotta bust your ass in the gym because if you think bro sticking a needle in your ass is going to magically transform your body well your in for shock.

W

woody081

Jan 19, 2012
Thanks for all the input fellas, loved the vid especially the whole ace card part. something to think about definitely but ive got plenty more potential natty. this has helped me not make any supid decisions! :p

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
To answer your initial question of "Is it worth it?" I'll put it to you like this: If your goal is to gain muscle mass & increase your strength levels significantly then, yes, it is worth it. Please don't get me wrong... steroids will not turn you into Ronnie Coleman. However, combined with strength training & proper food intake, steroids do work very, very well.

You're in your early 20's (I was 20 when I did my first cycle), have been training consistently for 5 years & have some damn good numbers in the lifts you mentioned... you're as ready as you'll ever be. Now the real question is do you want to use steroids & will you accept the possible negative consequences that may come along while taking them? Only you can answer that one.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic