What's New?

Advanced Lifters Cycle

• Thread starter The other Snake
  • Start Date
The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Just wanted to share a conclusion I recently came to. I'm on the back end of a 500 Test Cyp/ 600 Deca run so it's safe to say that I got out of this cycle about all I will be getting.

I always felt the middle of the road for Deca was about 600mg/wk. I still feel that way but think the level that you're at will determine how much you gain from the cycle. I would not say I'm a very advanced lifter but I do feel I have the time in and ahead of most guys. I think an average cycle for the guy who has a year of training under his belt is a waste; he just hasn't learned enough for the PED to be effective. I now also think that a more advanced lifter will benefit less from the same cycle as compaired to a guy who is in the prime of his development.

I think that a more advanced lifter may require more gear, different gear and or higher doses to see more of a change in his body and strength. The problem is, once you get to that level, you're no longer a spring chicken so more may not be the best road to take.

Any thoughts?

L

Lifter74

Mar 11, 2022
Just wanted to share a conclusion I recently came to. I'm on the back end of a 500 Test Cyp/ 600 Deca run so it's safe to say that I got out of this cycle about all I will be getting.

I always felt the middle of the road for Deca was about 600mg/wk. I still feel that way but think the level that you're at will determine how much you gain from the cycle. I would not say I'm a very advanced lifter but I do feel I have the time in and ahead of most guys. I think an average cycle for the guy who has a year of training under his belt is a waste; he just hasn't learned enough for the PED to be effective. I now also think that a more advanced lifter will benefit less from the same cycle as compaired to a guy who is in the prime of his development.

I think that a more advanced lifter may require more gear, different gear and or higher doses to see more of a change in his body and strength. The problem is, once you get to that level, you're no longer a spring chicken so more may not be the best road to take.

Any thoughts?
So overall you sound like you were a little disappointed with your results. And I understand what you mean, you are in great condition and a lot of years under your belt of training hard. I'm pushing 50 and if I am not mistaken you are 53 or so. I'm not going to do a 600 tren cycle or a gram deca cycle to get bigger.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
So overall you sound like you were a little disappointed with your results. And I understand what you mean, you are in great condition and a lot of years under your belt of training hard. I'm pushing 50 and if I am not mistaken you are 53 or so. I'm not going to do a 600 tren cycle or a gram deca cycle to get bigger.
To be clear, going into this cycle I knew the results were not going to as if I ran tren and finished with var but yes; I was a bit disappointed even with my reasonable expectations. And for the record, I'm 56 y.o.

L

Lifter74

Mar 11, 2022
To be clear, going into this cycle I knew the results were not going to as if I ran tren and finished with var but yes; I was a bit disappointed even with my reasonable expectations. And for the record, I'm 56 y.o.
Well you look frickin great for 56, that's for sure.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I am the exact opposite. I get more out of half the doses I was running in my 20's and 30's, because of my experience in using AAS. Before I would just run large doses of test and throw in another compound. Now I run multiple compounds at lower doses and my weekly total never goes over 750 mg. My test alone used to be more than that and the only thing I really seen was more sides. Now I don't even have to run AI's.

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
I have to agree with genetic freak. I’m running less now but still making gains not too mention I’m using less toxic items. My days of running 750 -1000 mgs of test are over. I’ll pry never use dbol or tren again. I’m not gaining 20 pounds but I am making steady gains.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
I am the exact opposite. I get more out of half the doses I was running in my 20's and 30's, because of my experience in using AAS. Before I would just run large doses of test and throw in another compound. Now I run multiple compounds at lower doses and my weekly total never goes over 750 mg. My test alone used to be more than that and the only thing I really seen was more sides. Now I don't even have to run AI's.
I never touched anything until about 43 when I started TRT and then it was another 2 years until my first cycle.

Strength wise, I couldn't compete with my former narry self at 35y.o. with all the gear in the world now. Youth trumps everything.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I never touched anything until about 43 when I started TRT and then it was another 2 years until my first cycle.

Strength wise, I couldn't compete with my former narry self at 35y.o. with all the gear in the world now. Youth trumps everything.
I was young and dumb and started at 21 and averaged 2 cycles a year since. Some years were a few 6-8 week cycles and had a couple longer 6 month cycles, but most of the time it is a couple 10-12 week cycles. Funny you mention strength natty wise. My best competition total was 1945 lbs when I was 31 years old and off everything for 7 months.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
I was young and dumb and started at 21 and averaged 2 cycles a year since. Some years were a few 6-8 week cycles and had a couple longer 6 month cycles, but most of the time it is a couple 10-12 week cycles. Funny you mention strength natty wise. My best competition total was 1945 lbs when I was 31 years old and off everything for 7 months.
Thats some big numbers! Yup! Full natty and at 35 was my peak at 1,700 in the 220s. Now that weight would cripple me.

Gear can not give me back those numbers; these are still 56 y.o. part. What it has done for me is made me bigger with more of a finished look.... and I'm okay with that.

Pooh6369

Pooh6369

Oct 13, 2019
I turned 55, the days of tren, drol ect...are over for. When I blast from my TRT I do great on 400test and 600 Deca. With occasionally throwing in some Var or tbol.
Donate blood, do my own bloods twice a year. Along with my annual bloods for TRT Dr. Gains slower but solid gains!! It's a marathon not a sprint for quality growth!!

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
I turned 55, the days of tren, drol ect...are over for. When I blast from my TRT I do great on 400test and 600 Deca. With occasionally throwing in some Var or tbol.
Donate blood, do my own bloods twice a year. Along with my annual bloods for TRT Dr. Gains slower but solid gains!! It's a marathon not a sprint for quality growth!!
My marathon is over. I'm on my cooldown lap brother.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic