Latest Member
bsimon7074
What's New?

Adequan or Aflutop?

A

Anabolic Beast

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2010
LOL she is a good kid. grew up in mexico and works her ass off for me. i try to take good care of her so she will stay around. it is so hard to get good help these days! it is good entertainment for me as well because she almost hyperventilates when getting the shot. :D

but if you havent tried the pentosan and glucosamine together, i strongly recommend it!

Is the product you're using Pentosan Gold by Nature Vet? It is 125mg pento and 200mg glucosamine/ml. The indications say this is for intravenous administration. I'm assuming that is because of the glucosamine and that it can still be used IM if someone prefered to administer it that way to their horse.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
Is the product you're using Pentosan Gold by Nature Vet? It is 125mg pento and 200mg glucosamine/ml. The indications say this is for intravenous administration. I'm assuming that is because of the glucosamine and that it can still be used IM if someone prefered to administer it that way to their horse.

not pentosan gold, i would think that that must be from somewhere out of the states. what i used is called aussipent or something like that. it is labeled for surgical lavage which a lot of joint supps are labeled as such because the companies dont want to do the testing to get it labeled for IM or other such use. glucosamine generally goes IM although i have many clients who use it IV. me, im not into putting stuff into my veins :D IM use works well so i dont see any reason to try IV.

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Im looking forward to trying the Pentosan out. Should it be site injected and whats the typical dosage range?

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
just a regular IM injection. doesnt need to be site injected. i would go with 2 cc. i have been doing 1.5cc q7ds. i dont think it does as much for the joints as the adequan even though it has glucosamine in it. i think the adequan glucosamine is just a superior product but it has really helped my soft tissues. my tendonitis in my elbow hasnt bothered me at all since on it and my shoulders seem to recover a lot faster than previously.

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
just a regular IM injection. doesnt need to be site injected. i would go with 2 cc. i have been doing 1.5cc q7ds. i dont think it does as much for the joints as the adequan even though it has glucosamine in it. i think the adequan glucosamine is just a superior product but it has really helped my soft tissues. my tendonitis in my elbow hasnt bothered me at all since on it and my shoulders seem to recover a lot faster than previously.

Im beginning to think its a soft tissue issue Im dealing with. Maybe bursitis or scar tissue I really need to get an MRI.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
WOW imagine that one should have an MRI done on a something that has been bothering them :D:D

and yes, you should get one done. pouring a bunch of glue over a broken pot wont put it back togther right :D and you cant fix something when you dont know what is broken.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
if you gentlemen have rotator cuff issues you should really consider using pentosan. my left shoulder is pretty tore up from preg checking thousands and thousands of cows and having them jump around on the end of my arm. not that i blame them. but it does make for a bad shoulder. i dont work them but about once a month. this week i decided it would be a good time to work them and my left shoulder has been bothering me more than it ever has since. last night at the end of the day i had my tech give me a shot of pentosan and a shot of adequan. within a few hours the pain in the shoulder had drastically decreased. this morning it feels much better. it isnt 100% but it is damn better than it was 12 hrs ago.

anyone with joint pain and soft tissue issues really needs to invest in both adequan and pentosan. the adequan works exponentially better on the joint problems but the pentosan is wonderful for the soft tissue!

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Now all someone needs to do is compound Adequan/pentosan together.
Or I guess you could take two vials of each and mix into one LOL
Sodium Hyaluronate is instant releife that last a few months, promotes healing-very affective against osteoarthritis.
IMO if you have a bad knee-shoulder have a doc hook you up with a shot of this into the joint first and finnish with Pento/ade therapy.

I've done each of theese compounds but not together, ATW you got me to thinking!:D lol

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
the pentosan i have has glucosamine in it but it isnt any good. i have taken the adequan for 2 years and i thought that since the pentosan had glucosamine in it i could stop the adequan. but after 3 weeks of pentosan my joints were killing me and my hands and wrists were swollen. i took an adequan injection and swelling was gone and pain drastically decreased. luipold is a small but a very good company and adequan is the only product that they make. so all glucosamine is not created equal.

there is a product called polyglycan that is Hylaronic acid, glucosamine and chondrotin i think. i tried the generic once and it put a knot on my ass for weeks. i might try the name brand and see if it works. legend is a straight HA product labeled for IV use in horses. im sure it could be given IM and still be effective. might throw it on top and see how it does.

ahhhh so many possiblities and so many sore butt cheeks :D

A

alterntego

Apr 2, 2011
i am a big fan of the adequan , wasnt able to do alot of leg exercises for the past few years until i got ahold of the adequan . now i am back to doing squats fairly heavy again without much probs . even started running again . absolutely love the stuff.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
when one looks at the oral absorption percentages of most joint compounds it is really pretty low. the great thing about injectables is that it is going to get there, no breaking down during the absorption process.

adequan is in the joint in within two hours of injection and within 8 hrs has significantly decreased the inflammation in the joint! it is great stuff :D

SJA

SJA

MuscleHead
Feb 24, 2011
Are you saying that I should try it? LOL.......I am loving the polyglycon.......great stuff!!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic