Latest Member
bsimon7074
What's New?

Actor Busted for Selling Steroids

hugerobb

hugerobb

VIP Strength Advisor
Sep 15, 2010
Professional bodybuilder Scott Siegel was on top of the world after starring in “The Wrestler” with Mickey Rourke. Interestingly enough, Siegel brought his steroid dealer movie character to life as he started dealing massive amounts of roids to other bodybuilders. And now he’s paying for it big-time!
Few of us ever get to know what it’s like to be at the top of the high school hierarchy. This is the place where the star football player with the movie star-chiseled face and his head cheerleader girlfriend reside. Sure this is a little stereotypical, but it’s a fact of life, and most people never get to experience what it’s like to be one of the popular kids.
Instead, the majority of us spend high school in an awkward phase full of acne, no muscle tone, and few (if any) girlfriends.
Scott Siegel spent his high school days as one of the majority while growing up in suburban New York. He hated his frail body, and he also hated the way other kids in school treated him. In fact, Siegel would often lock himself in his bedroom during the worst bouts of depression. Luckily, Siegel found bodybuilding at the age of 15.
Scott began working out religiously and experienced some slight muscular gains. However, Siegel was unsatisfied with his natural bodybuilding gains, and quickly turned to steroids the same year he started working out. Siegel revealed that it was a friend who got him into juicing by saying, “I started working out…started getting into weights. I had a friend of mine that I used to work out with….he was older than me. We worked out every day. He kept getting stronger and bigger. I was like, ‘Wow.’”
Scott Siegel soon asked the mystery friend what his secret was; this is the point where Siegel began learning all about the world of anabolic steroids. As Siegel recalls, “I think the first thing I took was methyl-testosterone.

Read on...
Roids definitely did the trick for Siegel and his body exploded with muscle gains. The difference was huge and he said, “Working out on steroids, and working out naturally are like two totally different worlds. I don't care if you worked out 10 years without these drugs, you make gains in three to four weeks that you couldn't make in 10 years. You just get hooked.” He finished his ad for roids by saying, “It's a great feeling. People kiss you’re ass because you are big. I was a nobody….and then I was a somebody.”
The other high school students started kissing his ass too as Siegel went from an unpopular loner to a sociable, muscular kid with lots of friends. By the time Scott headed off to Iona college, he was a ripped 225 pounds who had no trouble finding bouncer gigs to earn money while attending classes.
After graduating from college, Siegel continued to work as a Manhattan bouncer and started selling steroids and Ecstasy on the side. Unfortunately for Scott Siegel, this little side job got him in big trouble when he was busted for dealing when the DEA took down the huge Ecstasy ring. After being arrested with all of the other members of the Ecstasy ring, Siegel was given a two and a half year prison sentence.
Done with his 30-month sentence, Siegel got out and began dedicating himself to acting. With his massive build, the 285-pound Scott was able to quickly find work in a Hasbro commercial. After the commercial, Siegel moved on to filming scenes for the hit TV shows “Rescue Me” and “The Sopranos.” But it wasn’t until director Darren Aronofsky discovered him in a Miami club that Siegel’s acting career really took off.
Aronofsky recruited Siegel to play a steroid dealer in the critically acclaimed movie “The Wrestler.” This role certainly wasn’t a stretch for Siegel since he’d previously been a dealer, and had recently gotten back into selling steroids. Even still, Aronofsky told Siegel to watch the gun dealer in the movie “Taxi Driver’ for some extra inspiration.
In the film, Mickey Rourke’s character Randy “The Ram” Robinson visits Scott Siegel’s nameless character in a locker room; here Siegel advises Robinson on a stack he’ll need before selling him the roids. The role certainly didn’t win Siegel any Oscars, but it did earn him plenty of respect from Rouke.
In fact, Rouke went on Jimmy Kimmel Live and specifically talked about how well Siegel performed in the movie. He told Kimmel, “I wanted him to have the whole scene. I just turned my back and let him go. I said, ‘You're the only dude that ever stole a scene from me.’”
Scott Siegel was certainly on top of the world after his small, but important role. He was even dining with Rouke and Marissa Tomei (who also starred in The Wrestler) away from the set. Siegel’s future looked bright as he was getting auditions from all over Hollywood too. Unfortunately, Siegel’s steroid dealing character was spilling over into his real life too much, and the DEA once again had him on their radar.
Unbeknownst to Siegel, they had been watching him for quite some time outside his Bronx home. The DEA rightly suspected that Siegel was selling drugs on the side to make ends meet along with his acting career. Once the DEA had mounted a case against Scott, they raided his house along with his parents’ home; inside they discovered various ID’s, $70,000 in cash, and over $100,000 worth of steroids.
Despite his previous charge for selling Ecstasy and the large amount of steroids they found in both houses, Siegel might have gotten away with a light sentence had he not decided to run from the cops when they came for him. As soon as Siegel saw the cops coming to arrest him, he hopped in his Cadillac Escalade and ran right through a fence. The hunt was on as Scott Siegel led police on a 35-minute chase that included Siegel running into cars, dodging bullets, and even being hit by a car.
The aforementioned being hit by a car occurred when one of the officers ran into Siegel causing him to fly up on the windshield. This is pretty much where the chase ended, but Siegel wasn’t quite done yet. He tussled with the officers while they were arresting him, which brought extra charges against him.
In the end, Siegel plead guilty to two counts of assault, one drug charge, and one count of impeding officers in performance of their duties. He is now serving a 63-month sentence in prison.
Unfortunately for Scott Siegel, his troubles didn’t end with the prison term though because his body took a toll too. The 35-year old Siegel was forced to stop juicing the night he was arrested, and quitting cold turkey after 20 years of hardcore steroid use wasn’t doing his body any favors.
As Siegel said, “My body just shut down the first eight months I was here. All I did was sleep. My energy level is in the toilet. I was severely depressed. If you want to talk about side effects, those are serious side effects.”
Scott is still huge by any normal person’s standards, but he has lost quite a bit of the muscle tone that earned him TV and movie spots. But that’s not the only thing on his mind since Siegel his hoping for a chance at redeeming himself and contributing something to society. As he said, “You get knocked down in life….it’s how you get up that counts. We'll see how it goes after this. Right now I'm known for being a drug dealer, who played a drug dealer in a movie, who tried to run over police officers. It's not what I want to be known for

Last edited:
Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Pretty f'ed up that he just had to stop, talk about shut down

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
i guess he was depressed..being locked up is no joke....juiceing or not i would be depressed...now i can understand the enery level but being depressed would have alot to do with that im sure....plus the food in prison is junk but still is no factor because if u walk into a prison u will find many of big fuckers in there by eatting junk food.....dw

Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010
i guess he was depressed..being locked up is no joke....juiceing or not i would be depressed...now i can understand the enery level but being depressed would have alot to do with that im sure....plus the food in prison is junk but still is no factor because if u walk into a prison u will find many of big fuckers in there by eatting junk food.....dw

There goes the theory of having to eat clean to be lean.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
There goes the theory of having to eat clean to be lean.

Selective breeding from plantation days gone has provided many of those fellas with superior gentics for size and strength......my theory anyways.

G

guinessforstrength

VIP Member
Sep 24, 2010
Just think if the 3rd Reich was still around how many huge Germans would be walking around in a couple more generations.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic