Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Abscess

BLTC

BLTC

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2010
Just wondering how you guys have dealt with potential infections from IM injections.

I've been on self admin'ed trt for nearly a year now and things have been going well but in the event something goes bad how should I deal with this?

Antibiotics? See my GP? ER?

Who's had to deal with this and how did you do it?

thanks!

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I've led a charmed life and never had to deal with one, but I would be interested in any answers from others. Since many of us can access antibiotics off-script, I'd love to see some discussion from knowledgeable folks as to which antibiotics they used, and their satisfaction with the results.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
As Raw stated, u need to lead a charmed life in order to avoid bacteria ruining the day.....MAybe @rawdeal can provide a list of charm schools.....

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
never really had one
had some lumps from to much oil once -- but time took it out

seen a buddy stick a pin in once and shoot some h2oo in there to kill little shits

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
I’ve done 1000s of shots and never had one. Clean fresh draw needles and fresh new injection needless coupled with aseptic technique is all the preventive measures needed. Most important WASH YOUR HANDS with clean soapy hot water before you inject.

Warm painful shots are often just volume or PIP not an abscess. Filter your home brew well and/or trust your sources. If I go back to a jug (20s or 50mls) on another cycle... I will run it thru a filter if the stopper is chewed up too much.

Last edited:
Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011
IF it is an infection, you'll see the classic signs: calor, dolor, rubor, and tumor (heat, pain, redness, and swelling); and the 5th which is loss of function.

If you are serious I'd see your GP, get diagnosed, and get medication (Cephalexin).

I had a sterile abscess way back when in 2008-2009. It was a lump on my delt due to multiple injections in the exact same location, and I drew puss/blood into a syringe. I called my GP and told the front desk/nurse that I think I had an infection from a puncture wound. I got in pretty quickly and saw the doc. There was no pain, just some heat, swelling, and a fat lump. He said it was a sterile abscess and gave me 2 weeks of cephalex. I avoided the location for a while and it slowly went away.

I'd only go to the ER if you're feeling woozy, dizzy, sick/vomiting, extreme pain/swelling causing loss of function. No clue what insurance you have, but most have non-emergency care and can see you in a few days.

BLTC

BLTC

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2010
I'm glad to see so few vets have actually had an abscess. MikeRN is dead on...trusted source and trusted technique should all but eliminate the risk.

If on the odd chance you did have to seek medical attention what do you tell the nurse/DR so as not to alert them to your lifestyle?

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
I had a real serious issue with this recently. Like bad bad

So while infected this was my shit
Oregano oil
Garlic oil
Ginger
Anti inflammatory at night like alive
Heat pad over infection at night

Once the infection was gone:
Heat pad for 30 or 45 min
Light pressure up to foam rolling pressure daily
Don't press to hard, you do not, do not , want to internally pop it.
Slow pressure
Do it 2 or 3 times daily
It will go away

Once it's gone foam roll the area regular for a few months to avoid scare tissue.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Tell them its from B12 shots or that silly HCG diet that was a fad a few years ago. Unfortunately, our size tends to make the lie obvious sometimes :p

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
If needed, I'm gonna trot out the old "insect or spider bite?" excuse and see if that works. Fortunately I've bored my regular doc about my time in the woods with the dogs as much as I have on the boards, so it might work. Winters where I am are moderate, so it's a year round possible for me. If you're "up noath," maybe you could try "wolverine bite?" I'm not sure.

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
I hit a nerve in my left calf once... it swelled up about double the size and I couldn't walk normal for 5 days or so. Needless to say, I don't pin there anymore.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic