Kiddorism
What's New?

Abs workout

C

CLAIRE

TID Lady Member
Mar 20, 2012
Hi am looking for some advice on ab workouts

Since I lost bodyfat am seeing a flatter stomach but need to get some more muscle on my abs, I can see ribs (not too much) but only slight muscle down the side if I tense

Currently am doing abs twice a week, all I do is 3 x 30 incline ab crunches with a 2kg weight on my chest.

Would it be best to increase the weight and lower the rep???

Have not done too much on the sides because I still have fat on the love handles and dont want to get larger, only been doing side planks.

M

Muslmom9

Dec 7, 2010
CLAIRE honestly I think the best advice I can offer is increase your workout frequency and volume. 6 sets a week for abs isn't nearly enough to see results.

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
Some people have to hit abs harder than others. I know a gal who competed and had great abs, but never did direct ab work,. Others can do crunches forever and never develop great abs. I personally didnt need tons of ab work to develop mine, but I do alot of compound lifts that do keep my abs in good shape. Seeing your abs requires a fairly low bodyfat, for women maybe 15-16% and men its closer to 10...which illustrates the "abs are made in the kitchen" concept very well.

C

CLAIRE

TID Lady Member
Mar 20, 2012
Thanks for your comments.

I am guessing its not realistic to see abs all year round?

lymbo

lymbo

TID Lady Member
Dec 21, 2011
roman chair hanging leg raises...sitting core ball crunches and leg bend lifts the rest 20 min no rest burn it...

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
Well...I have great abs...but they dont show right now :). Offseason abs have a bit of padding on top. To keep visible abs is to diet year round (to some extent at least) and I for one am not that worried about it...trying to grow means eating more and putting on a lil fat..which will come off when its time

C

CLAIRE

TID Lady Member
Mar 20, 2012
Think at the minute a flat stomach will do, have in the back of my mind to go on a bulk, but I just seemed to add muscle even when I try and cut, I think I am changing body comp gradually, will see where I am at when I come off cycle! I feel huge at the min. To be honest I have never seen my abs so no idea what's under there !! This is all such a big learning curve there's always something to learn and changes in my body and what works with it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic