Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Abs every workout?

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
I'm pretty sure doing some ab work is the not the same toll as deads and squats.
I believe your wrong in that . It’s a muscle just like anything else it needs
Direct work too

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
i use to train them once a week, but i haven’t trained them since september 2019 and they’re shredded and veiny. the muscle is always there, just need to be lean enough to have a nice looking set of ads.

i train each body part once a week. That gives me enough time for the muscle to heal and repair. I think that’s the most crucial part is the recovery phase. if you don’t give your muscles time to heal and recover they’re not going grow to their highest potential. this has worked for me but everyone’s different and has different time lines to be able to recover.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
They recover much faster u can hit them daily
I agree with you on this to a very slight degree and not trying to start an argument just saying why working muscle a little bit everyday why not kill it and really make it stronger and then give it time to heal and recover.

What I'm trying to say is would you do chest day that way I'm going to work chest lightly every single day and try and build strength and more muscle... That's not valid training in my opinion. Yes it can be done that way and yes you may see some games but the idea is to break down muscle, recovery with good nutrition and rest and let it come back stronger.

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
I agree with you on this to a very slight degree and not trying to start an argument just saying why working muscle a little bit everyday why not kill it and really make it stronger and then give it time to heal and recover.

What I'm trying to say is would you do chest day that way I'm going to work chest lightly every single day and try and build strength and more muscle... That's not valid training in my opinion. Yes it can be done that way and yes you may see some games but the idea is to break down muscle, recovery with good nutrition and rest and let it come back stronger.
I’ve been training abs since I’m a small boy . No I don’t do 600 a day like I use to . But I’ll do a few sets after my real training is done . There is no need to kill the ab like say chest it’s a tiny group of muscle that get indirect work often as is . Just riding a bike sitting down gets u abs . It mostly diet with some resistance work

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
Muscles are muscles and the issue I see with most people in the gym do endless reps of crunches. They don't think about their complete core and working different core muscles they just keep doing crunches hoping they'll get a six pack. Can you overload your ab workouts like you do chest?? Yes you can put additional load resistance but no I wouldn't say working on the same as I would chest or back my point was it's still muscle fiber and it's no different than working any other muscle group. It's how you work it not how often you work it. I'll go back to if I want to build a big strong chest and I can bench 300 lb for several sets of moderate reps why would I do 50 lb for 300 reps? I do some volume training for a change up and giving my joints a little bit of a break but you wouldn't want to grab two 100 lb dumbbells and try and do crunches with those against your chest like you could do heavy heavy dumbbell chest press and really beat the hell out of your pecs.

Everybody approaches fitness in a different way everybody approaches building muscle pretty much the same way but most people think abs are some special magical muscle that works different than biceps very small muscle people overload those they break them down and I've done properly they're going to wait a few days before doing them again.

Again, I'm not saying doing some core exercises at the end of a workout is bad but people do it in excess when they think doing a bunch of crunches or is going to get them ripped because just like you said it has to do more with nutrition.

I hear people all the time I'm doing a crunch challenge I'm going to do 300 crunches a day for the next 30 days... For me my reaction is here's a card for a good Active Release technician you should call them when you can't move after about a week.

Same thing with squat challenges I just had a client come in for a massage her back was killing her because her and some guys of the gym were doing a squat challenge where they had to do 100 squats everyday and then about a week and a half later she couldn't even move.

What works for one person may not be the perfect fit for the next but I'll always stand by muscle fiber is muscle fiber and it needs time to recover if you wanted to be bigger and stronger.

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
ab pic time.

whoever saying they got the best workout for abs throw up a pic let’s take a look and we can all compare?

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
7F2E0CB6-8715-4F7B-9030-DA0056FA549F.jpeg

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
I never go past 210 215 pounds so that also makes a difference

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic