Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Abs every workout?

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Anybody do abs every workout? I have been lately. Usually 4-5 sets of hanging leg raises.

What are your thoughts on ab muscles needing rest days too?

IIRC Zane used to do a million sit-ups every day.

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
Abs should be treated as any other muscle. I wouldn’t train any muscle group everyday. Maybe try adding weight to your leg raises instead of only using body weight. That way you’ll feel the need for rest.

And personally I’ll never compare what I do to what the Greats did. I’m not them.

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
everyday unless I feel pain . They have no problem taking a few sets after every workout

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
3-4 times a week. They are a very thin muscle, easy to break down,easy to build up, mostly type1 fibers.

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
3-4 days a week, sometimes weighted others time just body weight crunches.

A

Alfamale

Jan 12, 2019
I tend to skip abs work if i put them at the very end of my workouts so I train them first thing in the session.
Also abs after cardio works very well for me.
I get the best results by hitting them everyday with variety of workouts.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Abs once a week here. They should be slightly sore the next day. My reasoning for once a week is they are for the most part the complementary muscle to the spinal erectors. Would you do legs M-W-F and DL T-T-S?

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Abs once a week here. They should be slightly sore the next day. My reasoning for once a week is they are for the most part the complementary muscle to the spinal erectors. Would you do legs M-W-F and DL T-T-S?
I'm pretty sure doing some ab work is the not the same toll as deads and squats.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I train abs every time I perform deadlifts, squats, or OHPs.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
Over training does not increase strength or build muscle it does the exact opposite.

If you feel you want to do core work everyday don't work the same plane of muscles each time. Work rectus abdominis one day, work external obliques another day, work deep core muscles another day. Yes to a degree there's going to be rollover where one group of core muscles may get worked slightly but work different exercises to hit different parts of your core. If done logically I don't see an issue with knocking out a few sets everyday.

Personally I don't do any ab exercises whatsoever and I maintain a very solid six pack year-round.

Core work happens during most exercises if done correctly (other than on a machine) so I don't waste any time doing ab exercises directly . The only thing that I do core wise is lower back exercises to strengthen the Erectors. And no that's not accomplished through jelqing:D

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic