Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

About Your Tight Delts

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
Just like the low back were you have a posterior chain connection and that makes you loosen the surrounding muscle to get relief, well the front delt is no different.

The major connection to the front delt is the Pectoralis Major Tendon Muscle, this is a twine of tendon and muscle from the area of the delt and chest.

So I find that when I take a lacrosse ball and roll the delt and pec major standing against a wall I get instant relief from my front delt and then do other stuff to loosen it like dislocations and wall stretches but these done without the rolling of the ball is not the same it's the ball that gives the greatest relief.

I use the same theory with low back and hip flexors, I loosen the low back my hips instantly loosen, I loosen my hamstrings my low back get instant relief.

So the moral to this is it may not be what you think it is and most likely never is, it's most likely a surrounding muscle or tendon your felling elsewhere.

E

EDED

Oct 26, 2011
i also thought my mobility was being tight or obvious idea of just being immobile, but later i realized it is due to waek muscles that are supposed to be strong and stronger muscles dominating causing imbalance.

its all about posterior chain work, all angles of back/shoudlers/rotator cuffs to all connection muscles of hip will improve mobility and better form, i grew better once i learned to do pull ups correctly and bench properly.

good post SFG, i too use lacross ball post workout and roll out erectors/scaps, and all around shoulder blades, theres a painful spot always

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic