Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Ab wall problem

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Hey guys. So I had hernia surgery like two years ago. It was right above my bellybutton. Surgeon said there was actually two small openings and he used a mesh to fix it. He gave me the clear to lift again like a moth after. It was pretty small hernia but I don’t think he realized just how intensely I work out. I remember starting slow though. Anyways. I now have a small bulge in same stop and it’s hard. Like it’s the mesh pushing up. Before it was soft and I could push it back in. Now it doesn’t move and it hard to the touch. Well now I’m actually getting some pain. And I can’t say for sure because I have never been this lean before but I think my ab wall is separating. I remember hearing Scott Stevenson or maybe it was actually John Meadows had a surgery to pull his abs back together. Is this even possible? That the fascia or muscle wall can split down the middle without having a hernia where your intestines pop out. It looks like the two abs above my bellybutton are separated and I’m not sure they were always like that. I wear a belt now around my stomach when lifting heavy to help hold my gut in and not make hernia worse. Bit am I worrying about nothing? Or is this possible that my abs could split further apart? And can it be fixed? If so any idea what the recovery would look like?

BigSwolePump

BigSwolePump

VIP Member
May 24, 2017
Hey guys. So I had hernia surgery like two years ago. It was right above my bellybutton. Surgeon said there was actually two small openings and he used a mesh to fix it. He gave me the clear to lift again like a moth after. It was pretty small hernia but I don’t think he realized just how intensely I work out. I remember starting slow though. Anyways. I now have a small bulge in same stop and it’s hard. Like it’s the mesh pushing up. Before it was soft and I could push it back in. Now it doesn’t move and it hard to the touch. Well now I’m actually getting some pain. And I can’t say for sure because I have never been this lean before but I think my ab wall is separating. I remember hearing Scott Stevenson or maybe it was actually John Meadows had a surgery to pull his abs back together. Is this even possible? That the fascia or muscle wall can split down the middle without having a hernia where your intestines pop out. It looks like the two abs above my bellybutton are separated and I’m not sure they were always like that. I wear a belt now around my stomach when lifting heavy to help hold my gut in and not make hernia worse. Bit am I worrying about nothing? Or is this possible that my abs could split further apart? And can it be fixed? If so any idea what the recovery would look like?
I had umbilical hernia surgery less than 2 year ago. No problems like this for me but from all of the literature and feedback that I read, your ab wall should be the stronger than it would have ever been without the mesh. The muscle and tissue intertwine with the mesh. I wouldn't think that your abs would be separating. At least not where the mesh was place.

You said that this is the leanest you have been. Maybe that was what was being the fat/tissue all along?

If it were me, I'd talk to my surgeon and have them take a look if for nothing else than for peace of mind.

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
Should not happen, but maybe another hernia under the mesh getting strangulated? In any case, get your ass back to doc ASAP. Highly unlikely it's another hernia, but if it is and it's strangulated, could be life threatening.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
I had umbilical hernia surgery less than 2 year ago. No problems like this for me but from all of the literature and feedback that I read, your ab wall should be the stronger than it would have ever been without the mesh. The muscle and tissue intertwine with the mesh. I wouldn't think that your abs would be separating. At least not where the mesh was place.

You said that this is the leanest you have been. Maybe that was what was being the fat/tissue all along?

If it were me, I'd talk to my surgeon and have them take a look if for nothing else than for peace of mind.
Thanks @BigSwolePump. Yeah. It may be all in my head. I guess I’m just self conscious about it. You can see it in my avi. The ab separation. Looks weird. Lol

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Should not happen, but maybe another hernia under the mesh getting strangulated? In any case, get your ass back to doc ASAP. Highly unlikely it's another hernia, but if it is and it's strangulated, could be life threatening.
Great. It’s not like constant pain. Usually day after working out back or legs. I was gonna wait till like next year. Really want to do my first comp in fall.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Here is what the bulge looks like not flexing. Sexy right. Lol
A932704B-452F-407F-9F7E-ADB9C4E15086.jpeg

Sorry need to shave. Haha

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
Probably best to ask the surgeon what's up and go from there.

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
If you've been dealing with it that long and you haven't noticed any digestion issues, it's even less likely that it's strangulated and life-threatening, but it may well be another hernia. The only time hernias are an "oh shit" priority are when they are strangulated. A regular hernia is nothing urgent at all. Nonetheless...schedule an appointment. No emergency room needed.

~R~F~G~

~R~F~G~

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
Hey Kluso. My wife says it may be strangulated tissue and that is why it is hard. She said you need to get to your doctor quick. Nurse 32 years. And even if she's wrong. You'll find out.

When I had my tummy tuck years ago from losing all my weight, they pulled my abs all back on center. I had stretched everything out over all of them years of being obese. I have in the last 20 years stretched it back some. (Heavy weights) not being a heavy weight. lol.

Good luck

T

thehulk

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2022
Nut up brother and get your ass to the doc. I had the same surgery a few years ago and it’s something I keep a close eye on bc the mesh can fail.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
I actually did show it to my primary care doctor a while back. It’s been like this for over a year. Maybe longer. She didn’t seem too concerned but she’s a moron imo. Most primary care physicians are imo. She was mostly concerned with who did the surgery. What kind of Dr should I make an appointment with that knows what the hell they are actually looking at here? Lol. Gastroenterologist? And if I wanted to get my abs fixed would that be a plastic surgeon? I doubt I will fix it as I’m almost 50 now and it’s too late for a serious career in BB. But maybe if they going in to fix the hernia they can tighten that up at same time?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic