Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

AAS and birth control

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
In the past when i'm cycling and in my prep i stop my birth control. OFF season i stay on a low dose estrogen pill.
Recently i found out i get ovarian cysts. They hurt like a bitch and one of the treatments is birth control. I plan on staying on the pills. So I was wondering what your opinion is on birth control while on AAS. How much do you think it effects you steroid cycle?

Mrssalvatore

Mrssalvatore

TID Lady Member
Dec 16, 2013
I've never had it any other way so can't comment I have run all my cycles while being on the pill...
Never had any issues or problems if that helps but I wold t know the difference in a gain/size being on the pill vs being of the pill...

If you know what I mean?

O

oldnslow

Jun 6, 2013
Research bc pills and SHBG levels. If your bc elevates SHBG, it will definitely affect the effective blood levels of hormones. Have you had SHBG levels done with any of your blood work?

In the past, what was your reasoning for stopping your bc when cycling?

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
I did not want any extra estrogen. The added hormones I was not sure what it would do. I wanted to cut out what I could. I know you can retain water on the pills. I also remember reading a while back that the pills can effect your muscle growth just like anti-inflammatory pills. And for what it is worth I have braces and was instructed not to use anti-inflammatory pills because it slows down the movement of your teeth. What I read was a study not sure if it is true but I wanted to play it safe...

Last edited:
Mrssalvatore

Mrssalvatore

TID Lady Member
Dec 16, 2013
I did not want any extra estrogen. The added hormones I was not sure what it would do. I wanted to cut out what I could. I know you can retain water on the pills. I also remember reading a while back that the pills can effect your muscle growth just like anti-inflammatory pills. And for what it is worth I have braces and was instructed not to use anti-inflammatory pills because it slows down the movement of your teeth.

Hormonal wise it didn't have any effect with me... I seem resistant to sides of all kinds regardless! Lol :)
However I take mine all the way through with no 7 day break

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
Hormonal wise it didn't have any effect with me... I seem resistant to sides of all kinds regardless! Lol :)
However I take mine all the way through with no 7 day break
Have you ever tried without it??? Just wondering if you would see a big difference in size or how fast the drug kicks in etc. The point of my post is that I am not going to stop it. Unless i run novla. It is a hormone so I know it must do something. I know sassy will have some great info to share with us when she sees this.

Mrssalvatore

Mrssalvatore

TID Lady Member
Dec 16, 2013
Have you ever tried without it??? Just wondering if you would see a big difference in size or how fast the drug kicks in etc. The point of my post is that I am not going to stop it. Unless i run novla. It is a hormone so I know it must do something. I know sassy will have some great info to share with us when she sees this.

Unfortunately I can't come of it due to ungodly health reasons ...also my reason for running it continuously without the break..

Would be really interesting to see though..

We need a Guinea pig :D (just kidding)

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
Research bc pills and SHBG levels. If your bc elevates SHBG, it will definitely affect the effective blood levels of hormones. Have you had SHBG levels done with any of your blood work?

In the past, what was your reasoning for stopping your bc when cycling?
No never got those test done. I guess I could ask my gyno to run some blood work. I have been interested in seeing what my test and dhea levels are.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
Unfortunately I can't come of it due to ungodly health reasons ...also my reason for running it continuously without the break..

Would be really interesting to see though..

We need a Guinea pig :D (just kidding)
I guess that's something I can add to my blog lol

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
You most likely won't find studies on this particular topic. As far as I've seen, there is no contraindications, however the effects of sending mixed messages to your body - BC regulates estrogen levels (and some - progesterone levels), while a steroid cycle manipulates your T, and depending, E & P levels.

In terms of pregnancy while on on cycle, again no studies, but wouldn't assume you "can't" get pregnant while on & would opt for staying on BC or go for an IUD option.
RE: gains - well ... its an on-going thing and we all know you need estro in your system to build muscle anyway. The higher E level BC I'd probably avoid if possible. Personally I've always stayed on low dose BC, as well as Nuvaring and most recently a Mirena IUD.

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
I'd be worried about being on cycle and NOT on BC. God knows what creature you would make if you were on cycle and got knocked up.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic