Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

A Whole New Me...And Still Going Strong!

R

rvrubbish

Nov 28, 2013
Fought my weight my entire life and finally found what is working for me...80 pounds lost and still going. Back to lifting in the gym and feeling great. Can't wait to see what the new year will bring!

Before photo was at my oldest son's graduation in June, 2013 at 250'ish pounds and a size 20. After photo was January, 2014 at 170 pounds and a size 10/12.

Before & After.jpg

And seeing some results from a few months of lifting...

2 Months Lifting.jpg

My goal is no longer a number on the scale, but to be fit, healthy, happy and to look as amazing as I feel! :eek:

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
Great job keep up the hard work.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
So awesome! Great work and dedication. Seeing these stories and before/after photos motivate the hell out of me. This Is why I became a trainer. Love seeing people change their lives/lifestyles completely and see the world through the eyeglasses of health and wellness. Keep up the good work

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Love the handle btw. lol.

kbordner

kbordner

VIP Pops
Dec 18, 2012
Outstanding!....this is what I like to see.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Made ya pink :)

Welcome to TID, great job!

R

rvrubbish

Nov 28, 2013
Yep...kinda like trailer trash only classier! ;) Gotta keep a sense of humor!

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
What a great job! Love to see these transformations :) Keep it going lady and my I ask...what it is that you found? ;)

R

rvrubbish

Nov 28, 2013
What a great job! Love to see these transformations :) Keep it going lady and my I ask...what it is that you found? ;)

Thanks, Jenner! I 'found' quite a few things...some physical, some biological, some mental...I found that my body (while not gluten intolerant) does not process wheat like everyone else. Might as well just sit with a 5 lb. bag of sugar and a spoon...so, I gave up all wheat. Started taking Topamax and Phentermine (appetite control had always been my biggest issue...thinking about the next meal while eating my current meal) and that gave me a huge jump start (plus the huge benefit of finally getting rid of my migraines, which is what Topamax is designed for but I was one of the meds I was never prescribed). Still on the Topamax, rarely take the other. I switched to a high protein diet, cut out all soda (including diet), juice, etc. and ate more things low on the glycemic index. My husband and I own a small restaurant, so I'm around food 12-14 hours a day, every day. Before I could go to the gym, I did exercises at the restaurant when no one was around...push-ups on the mop sink, lunges down the length of the kitchen, squats in the back room (thank goodness no one ever saw me...I would have died!) I gave up beer :( but found that good vodka with Crystal Light energy packs and water are pretty damn awesome in a pinch. (A girl's gotta have a little fun now and then!) I also have a great support network of friends on the same journey...it's definitely a process! Our whole family is getting more fit and going to the gym more (I go everyday that they're open). We're hosting two exchange students this year and one of the boys is a big weight lifter and encourages us all of the time. The other boy has added 10 pounds of lean muscle since arriving here in August (both played American football while here and we all go to the gym together.) Even when I was in the Navy and ran, went to the gym, etc. I struggled with my weight. Now, all of the pieces seem to be falling into place...it's the old, 'I wish I knew then, what I know now' routine, but I'm gonna keep going. I'm making progress that I can see and feel and I have an image in my mind of how I want to look. I'll get there...and I'm gonna be smokin' hot. ;)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic