Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

A little PB for the Protein Shake

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
My 15-year-old son has started lifting and last night he's making a protein shake. He adds the milk and protein powder and decides to add a tablespoon of peanut butter. I glance across the room and he's got a mound of peanut butter the size of a baseball on his spoon. Without any comment or expression he dumps it in his shake and blends it. It was a new jar of peanut butter and one of the extras large sizes. When I later opened the jar to make a sandwich I was taken aback by the volume of product that had been extracted!

He's 6'2" and just dropped down from 270# to about #200.

I'm thinking that spoon of peanut butter was about 1200 calories.

IMG_2639.JPG

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
Lol, let the boy grow, he will need all that health fat.... lol

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
Wow, going from 270 pounds to 200 pounds is impressive. Peanut butter is so calorie dense, maybe get him to try PBfit powdered peanut butter. It’s less calorie dense and decent tasting. Not nearly as thick as the real thing, but a decent substitute.

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
now that's a gainer shake for sure NICE!

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Of course this thread made me want to have a scoop pf PB before bed last night, yep, less than a spoonful left in the freaking family size jar. Bastards!
Went for the Almond butter, it was hard as a rock.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
I loved it when my son would leave empty jars of pb in the cabinet, go shopping thinking we were all set only to find out later it was empty. Same thing with ice cream.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic