Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

A little diet help

S

Smokeater

Mar 28, 2011
Hi guys, new here. Looks like some great info being passed around here. Was wonderng if someone more experienced with diet could lend me a hand.

Lomg story, I'll make it quick...Used to weigh 180. I went on a low carb diet and started doinf crossfit. Worked great...a little too great though. I lost 20 lbs of stomach fat along with some muscle. I now have a somewhat flat stomach(which I have never had because traditionally, I am a flabby guy) and would like to keep it. But, I want to add some muscle back.

Now, I know crossfit isn't ideal for building muscle, but it works for me cuz I'm in the best shape of my life and my job calls for me to be in shape, plus with work and family, I'm in the gym minmally. Along with crossfit, I add one body part a day, pick an exersice, and do 6 sets of 5 reps to try to add some bulk.

Not looking to get huge, but get some bulk back. I've been eating around 2000-2500 calries at a 40/40/20 ratio. I want to go to a 3000 calorie diet at about a 40P/40C/20F ratio. My concern with eating so many calories and carbs is going back to my flabby stomach.

In your guys experience, will upping my calories that much sacrifice a lean stomach? Or do ya think I'd be ok eating that much. Thanks guys!

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
cycle your carb days, have high and low days. its called carb cycling and most people have a lot of success on it. have most of your carbs in your first meal and pre and post workout.

scarl3tbutt3rfly

scarl3tbutt3rfly

TID Lady Member
Feb 25, 2011
In reality, if you are putting on muscle, you will be putting on fat. You cannot do one without the other. I wish! You can try and avoid it some by trying carb timing and stuff, but some people claim that makes no difference either. The biggest thing is don't go up too fast on calories, so try 3000 and see what your weight gain is, if it isn't too fast, try a little more, etc. Try to eat as CLEAN as possible too. Less fat is probably more important in my opinion than trying to avoid carbs when you are in caloric excess, carbs are not the problem, as your body has to go through a process to convert them to fat, fat is already fat and jumps on your body, again when you are in caloric excess. You will store fat, if you are in excess before you are going to store carbs. So all in all eat clean, don't overeat to the point you are gaining too much too fast, and remember with muscle gain is going to come some fat gain. You can do a shorter bulk, bulk til you feel you need to diet some, diet some, than go back to bulking. My opinion! :)

S

Smokeater

Mar 28, 2011
Thanks for all the great info! Like I said, I'm not a pro bodybuilder or anything, just a self proclaimed fitness buff wanting to be in shape and look good at the same time. I did some research on the carb cycling...I may try that out and see what happens. It looks pretty versatile, which iscawrsome for me.

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
The good thing is that it is very customizable based on your goals. If you are trying to add mass, but think you are putting on fat too fast, just take away a high day and replace it with a low day. things like that...

jdjack

jdjack

MuscleHead
Sep 22, 2010
Bump for carb cycling. Or you could do a CKD, and just make sure to get a hard workout in eod, with a little cardio.

Overall, its less calories, and more work to get leaner.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic