Latest Member
Dynahinte
What's New?

A fun experiment

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
What do you think about the human digestive tract being a carnivore gut? I have listened to both sides. One Dr said we our gut is not designed just for meat. We have something where our large and small intestines meat and we wouldn’t have a large and a small intestine if we were designed just to eat meat. We are truly omnivorous per our gut. Part is designed to digest meat another for vegetables. According to this Dr. Sorry don’t recall the name. She mentioned the oxalates/ phytates but said there’s no proof of that. Or something to that affect. She wasn’t saying that many have issues with certain vegetables but that we shouldn’t avoid all of them. Thought that a carnivor or restricted diet was a good way to get relief from digestive issues and then slowly add in food one at a time to figure out what your body can have without issues. But that we should be eating both meats and vegetables for proper nutrition. I am just curious what u guys think about our digestive system being designed for both and if not why? Or should I start a new thread?
You bring up some good and relevant thinking there, Bro.
My go to for best input on this is, Dr Bill Schindler.
https://eatlikeahuman.com

https://youtube.com/results?search_query=Dr+bill+schindler

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
I mean it kinda makes sense that the micro biome would change to what foods you’re eating. Imo
Our gut adjusts the best it can. But the ability of our gut to cope with what we shovel into it, and healthful complete nutrition are not one and the same.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
An interesting example of this (pretty extreme case) is Jordan Peterson’s daughter, Mikhaila Peterson and her extreme elimination “Lion Diet” she had to use for her many autoimmune and allergic reactions to foods in general.
She was the first person that came to mind because I have listened to more of her podcasts than I care to admit. My daughter has Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis as well so I've given her a good listen. I just have a hard time taking her seriously though for no good reason other than her voice is so damn irritating.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
For me personally the meat based diet has been the best thing I've ever done for my overall health and well-being. My joint pain went WAY down. No more stomach issues. No more gas. Brain fog has lifted. I'm leaner and stronger now. It may not be for everyone, but I'd recommend everyone give it an honest 90 days.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
A good listen / education for any that are interested in researching ancestral / species appropriate diet/food:

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
A good listen / education for any that are interested in researching ancestral / species appropriate diet/food:
You could argue that the agricultural revolution sparked our brains to create technology. I personally think humans have been advanced before though. If u have ever watched Ancient Aliens you have seen the laser cut stones found at Puma Punku that are very old. Millions of years old or something like that. Forget how old. They say it was aliens. I think it was humans that made it and we have been technologically advanced before. And some kind of natural disaster occurred that made us start over. I know correlation doesn’t necessarily mean causation but maybe the brain advanced more when we started eating more plants. Just a thought.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
You could argue that the agricultural revolution sparked our brains to create technology. I personally think humans have been advanced before though. If u have ever watched Ancient Aliens you have seen the laser cut stones found at Puma Punku that are very old. Millions of years old or something like that. Forget how old. They say it was aliens. I think it was humans that made it and we have been technologically advanced before. And some kind of natural disaster occurred that made us start over. I know correlation doesn’t necessarily mean causation but maybe the brain advanced more when we started eating more plants. Just a thought.
Drill a bit more into info on plants — aside from the fact that something on the order of high 90% of plant species are genuinely poison to humans, and it’s not long before reasoning that we didn’t advance / evolve on plants.
Bill Schindler genuinely is on top of things in his field of science: anthropology and archeology — His writings, interviews and videos are a big help in sorting through the history of the human history of food quagmire.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Drill a bit more into info on plants — aside from the fact that something on the order of high 90% of plant species are genuinely poison to humans, and it’s not long before reasoning that we didn’t advance / evolve on plants.
Bill Schindler genuinely is on top of things in his field of science: anthropology and archeology — His writings, interviews and videos are a big help in sorting through the history of the human history of food quagmire.
Yeah, no I understand that. Maybe the plants poisoned our brains and changed our dna some. Lol. Made us more intelligent somehow. Not saying necessarily a good thing. But maybe had some positive side effects.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Yeah, no I understand that. Maybe the plants poisoned our brains and changed our dna some. Lol. Made us more intelligent somehow. Not saying necessarily a good thing. But maybe had some positive side effects.
When processed properly, I suppose. That’s one of Doc Schindlers big points regarding how we consume plants improperly…. without processing them to remove toxins / anti nutrients, their detrimental.
I personally feel that the plant world has been of greatest benefit [to humans] as medicines rather than food.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Breakfast was one pound of burger patties with goat cheese, and lunch was a 16oz ribeye. Supper will be 2 lamb chops around about 14-15oz.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic