Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

A fun experiment

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
It’s the other way around in all reality. On an animal based diet, you don’t lack any nutrients — And, they are all far more bio active/bioavailable. Plant based diets lack nutrients and require supplementation to shore up deficiencies.
Yeah, I was kinda thinking that. Vegetables at the grocery store have zero nutrients nowadays, too. Now maybe if it was all home grown vegetables and fruits yeah. Commercially produced food now requires everyone to use supplementation imo. I would think commercially produced meats as well. Need a local farmer that feeds their cows and chickens good nutrient rich, organic food. Ideally anyways.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
The only negative I hear about carnivore diet is that you will miss important nutrients from vegetables. But I would imagine U could just supplement those nutrients. Do u take any supplements to compliment your diet? Maybe something like a Greens and/or Reds supplement?
When I went on the no carb diet, it wasn't the so much the vitamins and minerals, but it was gut health. There were several strains of bacteria in my gut that nearly disappeared when cut out the vegetables. I had to supplement with biotics to get my digestive system back in good working order.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Yeah, I was kinda thinking that. Vegetables at the grocery store have zero nutrients nowadays, too. Now maybe if it was all home grown vegetables and fruits yeah. Commercially produced food now requires everyone to use supplementation imo. I would think commercially produced meats as well. Need a local farmer that feeds their cows and chickens good nutrient rich, organic food. Ideally anyways.
Accurate to a limited extent — Sorry to be the stickler butthole on this.
Plant foods inherently are far more problematic than we’ve been led to believe. They have a variety of anti nutrients (oxalates, phytates and so on) that inhibit nutrient uptake / absorption, as well as the actual nutrients they do contain being of poor bioavailability. There’s also the issue of their being full of cellulose, and that causes a lot of underrated digestive distress / disorders — humans can’t digest cellulose.
Animal meat (ruminant in particular) is highly digestible with technically the least effort / energy required — And even factory farmed meat is nutritionally superior / complete vs the poorly assimilated and nutrient deficient plant based diet.
If interested further, I recommend among many; Dr Paul Saladino (carnivoremd), Dr Ken Berry, and Dr Anthony Chaffee with regard to plant based issues.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
When I went on the no carb diet, it wasn't the so much the vitamins and minerals, but it was gut health. There were several strains of bacteria in my gut that nearly disappeared when cut out the vegetables. I had to supplement with biotics to get my digestive system back in good working order.
How long were you no carb?

And when you were no carb, were you animal based only / exclusively?

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
How long were you no carb?

And when you were no carb, were you animal based only / exclusively?
18 months. No, I was not animal based exclusively. It was pretty damn close, but not exclusively. I still used plant based oils and had cheat days once a month.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
18 months. No, I was not animal based exclusively. It was pretty damn close, but not exclusively. I still used plant based oils and had cheat days once a month.
Ok, thanks GF,
I’d venture to say that any gut microbiota issues would be attributable to the disruption from cheat meals and use of plant based oils (type and quality dependent).
Purely animal based winds up eventually developing a very healthy gut symbiosis.
An interesting example of this (pretty extreme case) is Jordan Peterson’s daughter, Mikhaila Peterson and her extreme elimination “Lion Diet” she had to use for her many autoimmune and allergic reactions to foods in general.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ok, thanks GF,
I’d venture to say that any gut microbiota issues would be attributable to the disruption from cheat meals and use of plant based oils (type and quality dependent).
Purely animal based winds up eventually developing a very healthy gut symbiosis.
An interesting example of this (pretty extreme case) is Jordan Peterson’s daughter, Mikhaila Peterson and her extreme elimination “Lion Diet” she had to use for her many autoimmune and allergic reactions to foods in general.
Could be. I just know I started checking overall body health every six months a few years ago. Gut health was fine until my second check on the no carbs, supplemented and it was fine after that. I eventually dropped the no carb diet and went to low carb and added in berberine. Gut health has not been an issue, but I also continued to supplement. Mainly, because the check keeps coming back good and it is inexpensive. I don't know if I dropped the supplements if I would still have the problem.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Accurate to a limited extent — Sorry to be the stickler butthole on this.
Plant foods inherently are far more problematic than we’ve been led to believe. They have a variety of anti nutrients (oxalates, phytates and so on) that inhibit nutrient uptake / absorption, as well as the actual nutrients they do contain being of poor bioavailability. There’s also the issue of their being full of cellulose, and that causes a lot of underrated digestive distress / disorders — humans can’t digest cellulose.
Animal meat (ruminant in particular) is highly digestible with technically the least effort / energy required — And even factory farmed meat is nutritionally superior / complete vs the poorly assimilated and nutrient deficient plant based diet.
If interested further, I recommend among many; Dr Paul Saladino (carnivoremd), Dr Ken Berry, and Dr Anthony Chaffee with regard to plant based issues.
What do you think about the human digestive tract being a carnivore gut? I have listened to both sides. One Dr said that our gut is not designed just for meat. We have something where our large and small intestines meet (forget what) and we wouldn’t have a large and a small intestine if we were designed to just to eat meat. We are truly omnivorous per our gut. Part is designed to digest meat another for vegetables. According to this Dr. Sorry don’t recall the name. She mentioned the oxalates/ phytates but said there’s no proof of that. Or something to that affect. Just disagreed that it was a problem. She wasn’t saying that many have issues with certain vegetables but that we shouldn’t avoid all of them. Thought that a carnivor or elimination diet was a good way to get relief from digestive issues and then slowly add in food one at a time to figure out what your body can have without issues. But that we should be eating both meats and vegetables for proper nutrition. I am just curious what u guys think about our digestive system being designed for both and if not why? Or should I start a new thread?

Last edited:
Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Oh yeah, she mentioned the gut micro biome changing when u got to carnivore also. And that it will take time for it to change back when u add veg back in.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Could be. I just know I started checking overall body health every six months a few years ago. Gut health was fine until my second check on the no carbs, supplemented and it was fine after that. I eventually dropped the no carb diet and went to low carb and added in berberine. Gut health has not been an issue, but I also continued to supplement. Mainly, because the check keeps coming back good and it is inexpensive. I don't know if I dropped the supplements if I would still have the problem.
Good to hear you’ve got it sorted out, regardless of what was disruptive.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Ok, thanks GF,
I mean it kinda makes sense that the micro biome would change to what foods you’re eating. Imo. But might take some time to change.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic