Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

A fun experiment

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
I haven’t finished the rest of the thread yet so if this has been mentioned already I apologize. Some people have what’s called a “very adaptive metabolism”. Where their body can adapt to a new NEAT very quickly. Probably what’s going on here IMO. Definitely possible. But what is happening is your NEAT is adjusting to the new caloric change and changing your maintenance calories. Changing the fact you are actually not in a deficit when u drop calories and and not in surplus when u add calories. I’m guessing you have to force feed to gain and starve your to lose? An adaptive metabolism like that would definitely make macros more important.
You know, that makes perfect sense! Thank you for the feedback. My body has never cared how many calories I take in (to an extent) But macros make or break me. I've gotten fatter by the day on 1,500 calories per day and dropped weight like a stone at 4,800-5,000 per day depending completely on macros. Any more than 100 -grams of carbs per day and I just get fat, no matter the calories or carb source. Eating just protein and fats I can lose weight even at over 5k per day and it levels off at around 5,800. Or I can have one high carb day (normally on Sunday) and eat maybe 300-400g of carbs and 4,000 or so every day during the week with no carbs and maintain my weight.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Yesterdays calories about 2,800. So far today I've had two bowels of cereal and two quesadillas. 920 cals so far. Will likely do a bigmac for supper and water. Thats 540 cals. 1,460 total calories for today. Weight is at 212 even. Thats a 12 pound gain in about 8 days on a calorie deficit.
Most of that is water though right? You went from carnivore diet to eat whatever right?

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Update:

So, I have been eating pretty much what I wanted to since October 5th. (Not as much as I'd like but any kind of foods other than meats) My diet has mostly been carbs, very little protein. The kicker is that I have stayed in a caloric deficit the whole time. (Never really going much over 3,500 calories my baseline being around 4,200)

I started at 200lbs even and I'm now 215.4 After 3 weeks of eating less overall calories but switching from all meat to 90% or so carbs. So now the fun part. Starting today I'll be jacking my calories to over 5,000 per day if possible...all meat and eggs. Lets see what happens.

Breakfast was 10 eggs with cheese (1/4 cup shred) and a half pound of pulled pork. Lunch was a 16oz ribeye. I'm at 3,714 calories so far today not counting the butter I cooked the eggs and steak in. Supper will be one pound of hamburger with 3-4 fried eggs. That should put me right at 5,000 for the day. Anyone else is more than welcome to check my math and make corrections.
I’m gonna bet in a week you will be lighter than before the diet change. That 15lbs was water and bloat(food stuck in your digestive system). I bet money you actually did lose bodyfat. Lol. I wouldn’t be surprised anyways. But you won’t know until u get rid of the water and bloat. I’ll keep reading!

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Update:

7 days back on carnivore and eating as close to 5,000 calories per day as possible and my weight is now 201.6 So I've lost 13.8 pounds in one week by increasing the total daily calories by close to 2,000 per day. Bloat is way down, feeling a lot stronger, sugar cravings are still there but less than a few days ago. Mind fog is starting to let up a bit and no gas or heartburn at night.
Like I said. It’s water and bloat. My guess is you actually didn’t gain or lose shit bf and muscle mass percentage wise. You metabolism probably adjusted to the new calories and you put on a bunch of water and that processed food just sat in your stomach for a month.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
I’m caught up. Yeah, I think 3 weeks wasn’t really long enough to really see. But it looks like you were basically back to starting weight at 10 days back on carnivore. So basically you didn’t lose shit on a 3 week deficit. Still proves your point!

I think another factor that can explain this is food sensitivities. When you’re on the carnivore diet your digestion is better and you have less inflammation. When your eating junk you body inflammation goes way up from food sensitivities. You insulin sensitivity probably goes was down too from all the simple sugar. That ends up slamming your metabolism to a halt. Your NEAT probably dropped 1000cals. You would basically have to IF or starve eating that way to lose weight. Muscle or fat. Like less than 1000 cals a day. Lol

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Bodybuilders cut carbs to get contest lean for a reason. It works the best.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Most of that is water though right? You went from carnivore diet to eat whatever right?
I'm assuming yes. And yes, I ate carnivore for about one year. Lost 51 pounds the first 5 months.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
I’m caught up. Yeah, I think 3 weeks wasn’t really long enough to really see. But it looks like you were basically back to starting weight at 10 days back on carnivore. So basically you didn’t lose shit on a 3 week deficit. Still proves your point!

I think another factor that can explain this is food sensitivities. When you’re on the carnivore diet your digestion is better and you have less inflammation. When your eating junk you body inflammation goes way up from food sensitivities. You insulin sensitivity probably goes was down too from all the simple sugar. That ends up slamming your metabolism to a halt. Your NEAT probably dropped 1000cals. You would basically have to IF or starve eating that way to lose weight. Muscle or fat. Like less than 1000 cals a day. Lol
Exactly what I have been saying! But the "a calorie is a calorie" crowd say I'm violating the law of thermodynamics...lol I have gained a shit ton of weight eating about 1,500 calories per day and lost on over 5,000. With my daily activity staying exactly the same. According to them this is impossible. I call it common sense and knowing what works for your body. It's not like I'm alone here. There have been others chime in here and there and tell me they agree with me and they have had the same experiences. I can name 4 Drs right off that agree with me.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Exactly what I have been saying! But the "a calorie is a calorie" crowd say I'm violating the law of thermodynamics...lol I have gained a shit ton of weight eating about 1,500 calories per day and lost on over 5,000. With my daily activity staying exactly the same. According to them this is impossible. I call it common sense and knowing what works for your body. It's not like I'm alone here. There have been others chime in here and there and tell me they agree with me and they have had the same experiences. I can name 4 Drs right off that agree with me.
Yeah the calorie is a calorie crowd does not take hormones into consideration. Excess at by itself is far less likely to be stored in the body than and excess of carbs. Worse is fats and carbs together, you get the insulin dump and we all know insulin is an indiscriminate shuttle for glucose and fat.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Yeah the calorie is a calorie crowd does not take hormones into consideration. Excess at by itself is far less likely to be stored in the body than and excess of carbs. Worse is fats and carbs together, you get the insulin dump and we all know insulin is an indiscriminate shuttle for glucose and fat.
Yep

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
There are MANY factors they don't take into consideration. Hormones, food allergies/intolerance, time and frequency of meals, etc. Its a lot more complex than "calories in calories out" and you have to know how YOUR body reacts to different macros. I'm not special here. These guys are completely ignoring the tens of thousands of people losing weight and getting healthy eating double or triple the food on carnivore than they were on the standard american diet or even a "bodybuilding" diet. Do they really think all these people are simply miscalculating their calories? Some are Drs for fucks sake and more educated than 99% of the people on here when it comes to diet and nutrition.

If you like carbs and eating a pound of rice and potatoes per day works for your body (because you are also taking 5 grams of various drugs per week + 10ius of GH per day and have a great metabolism) Great! Do what works for your body. But don't tell others that will work for them or that it is "impossible" to lose or gain weight eating a certain way when there are many thousands of people doing it right in front of you. Seriously, these types of people are still stuck in the late 90's musclemag and FLEX bodybuilders diets...lol and their knowledge of diet and nutrition stopped completely with the dogma they "learned" in a college nutrition class 20 years ago. Instead of look at the obvious evidence that they are simple wrong they poke their fingers in their ears and yell "LAW OF THERMODYNAMICS!!!" at the top of their lungs. LMAO

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
Todays lunch was the monte cristo (a ham and cheese sammich on a donut with jam as a dipping sauce) with fries. Fried cheese and buttered croissants. Washed down with copious amounts of sweet tea.

Unrelated fun fact. I can see the people following the tread and two of them are on my ignore list so I can't see anything they post if they post. Funny shit...lol
I just gained 13 lbs and my cholesterol went up by 47 points just reading this post. :p

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic