Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

A fun experiment

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
I was at 20.8 ("iron" level. Not sure the actual %) when all of this started. Posted another thread about it. After two donations I was at 17. Will be going in for a third next month. I dropped my TRT from 250mg per week to 200mg every 10 days. I'll based where I go from here when I go back in December. I may drop the TRT for a couple months if needed.
the 20.8 and 17 are probably your hemoglobin numbers. 17 is not bad. If you're hanging there it's probably a good spot.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
I was at 20.8 ("iron" level. Not sure the actual %) when all of this started. Posted another thread about it. After two donations I was at 17. Will be going in for a third next month. I dropped my TRT from 250mg per week to 200mg every 10 days. I'll based where I go from here when I go back in December. I may drop the TRT for a couple months if needed.
Hey GS,
I did a donation today. My hb (hemoglobin) tested at 16.3.
That’s with my current 100mg test / 300mg mast e per week (2x split). I’d like to bump my test up but have realized it pushes both my hb and hct up to or beyond high limit.
Been on the above protocol for past 2-3 months now and numbers are holding steady in normal range.

klbsa

klbsa

Jan 5, 2011
Be sure to check your A1C level in 90 days……. I did the same kind of thing 8 years ago snd ended up pre diabetic .

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Be sure to check your A1C level in 90 days……. I did the same kind of thing 8 years ago snd ended up pre diabetic .
Don’t develop that issue on a carnivore / animal based eating style.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Hey GS,
That’s with my current 100mg test / 300mg mast e per week (2x split). I’d like to bump my test up but have realized it pushes both my hb and hct up to or beyond high limit.
Been on the above protocol for past 2-3 months now and numbers are holding steady in normal range.
I'm going back to redcross in January and donate again. I'm hoping to be in the low 17s. I have dropped my test from 250mg per week to 200mg every ten days. Test U. I'd love to get to the 16's.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
Hey GS,
Wow that seems to work for you. How are your joints. As you kjnow some men get low estrogen on Mast. It does not affect mine but for some yes.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
I'm going back to redcross in January and donate again. I'm hoping to be in the low 17s. I have dropped my test from 250mg per week to 200mg every ten days. Test U. I'd love to get to the 16's.
You “may” (but hopefully not) find that 200mg is still too much for keeping hb in range.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Wow that seems to work for you. How are your joints. As you kjnow some men get low estrogen on Mast. It does not affect mine but for some yes.
Yeah I’m fortunate to tolerate mast at this dose — it works well for me, and no joint pain from it . In the past at higher doses however, it did cause aches.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Update:

Weight is 198.1 Feeling strong, using the 125s for a few things at the gym again. Energy is back up. No longer breathing hard after a 10 min roll.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Update:

Down to 196.5 after bumping my total calories to 5,000 per day average. Thanksgiving is tomorrow so I'll likely eat whatever for the next few days. Normally 6-8,000 calories mostly potatoes, pies and sugar...lol I've been known to eat 2-3 whole pies per day.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
What really got me started on this was a chart at the local gym around 2011. The chart posted next to the leg press machine said that if you are 213 lbs (my weight at that time) you HAVE to be taking in a minimum of 3,500 calories per day to maintain that weight. I questioned the Gym owner/personal trainer about this. I told him at that time I had not eaten much over 1,800 calories daily in almost a year. (School, work, life stuff in the way) and just like the ass holes here and elsewhere his reply was "Oh, you just don't know how to calculate your calories"

Calculating calories is not rocket science. The body is far more complex than that. See the post by test above. And thats only a small part of it. To believe 3,000 calories of pizza and beer will have the same effect on weight as 3,000 calories of boiled chicken breast is fucking retarded.

Breakfast this morning: Coffee, donut, (340 calories) two bowls of coco pebbles (4cups 560 calories) Total 900 calories. Used 2% milk
I haven’t finished the rest of the thread yet so if this has been mentioned already I apologize. Some people have what’s called a “very adaptive metabolism”. Where their body can adapt to a new NEAT very quickly. Probably what’s going on here IMO. Definitely possible. But what is happening is your NEAT is adjusting to the new caloric change and changing your maintenance calories. Changing the fact you are actually not in a deficit when u drop calories and and not in surplus when u add calories. I’m guessing you have to force feed to gain and starve your to lose? An adaptive metabolism like that would definitely make macros more important.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic