Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

A couple peeks

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
I prefer calf liver. I pan fry it in grass fed butter, and season with salt (Redmond’s real salt) and a little pepper. Tastes like jerky. Typically I have a 3-4oz serving daily mixed up into my beef and eggs.
Do you take other vitamins and such to make up for some of the things most diets get from plants? I know liver and other organs have most if not all them from what I've read, just wondering.

There are some paleontologists who think early humans maybe ate all meat. Also in the age of exploration it was not uncommon for guys to eat only what they could kill.

"On July 13, 1805, Clark wrote: We eat an emensity of meat; it requires 4 deer, or an elk and a deer, or one buffaloe to supply us plentifully 24 hours. When wild game was plentiful, each man consumed up to 9 pounds of meat in one day."

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Do you take other vitamins and such to make up for some of the things most diets get from plants? I know liver and other organs have most if not all them from what I've read, just wondering.

There are some paleontologists who think early humans maybe ate all meat. Also in the age of exploration it was not uncommon for guys to eat only what they could kill.

"On July 13, 1805, Clark wrote: We eat an emensity of meat; it requires 4 deer, or an elk and a deer, or one buffaloe to supply us plentifully 24 hours. When wild game was plentiful, each man consumed up to 9 pounds of meat in one day."

Glad to see you read up on things a bit. Excellent.
Personally, I don’t use any supps. There’s no meet to. Plants have nothing special about them. In fact, what they have on paper (nutrient wise) is very deceiving in contrast to what is bioavailable from them. Plants produce many natural insecticides that act as anti nutrients for us, and there are more deficiencies to be made up for on a plant based diet than a carnivore diet.
Liver truly is the ultimate nutritional super supplement and that’s why I eat it — it’s my supplement.
Check out Paul Saladino’s YouTube, podcasts, and book if you’re curious; The Carnivore Code.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Irish judge: Subway bread is not bread

He's doing a high protein/lowish carb diet with McDonalds which is pretty cool. I can't stand the McDonalds grease, but that's just me. He also only eats every other day? or some kind of fasting? ... which has got to be hard for most people.

Last edited:
testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Ahh.... interesting.
And there within lies but one of the reasons that a calorie is not just a calorie in the respect that it’s hidden here with the example.
So the amount of insulin release should theoretically peak higher due
to subway bread sugar content, and the storage (of calories) signal will be more pronounced and lead to more stored cals (fat) than for someone who consumed an identical amount of calories from a food/macro type that metabolizes / translates to energy more efficiently.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
I really wish people would say something like "all carbs are not created equally" or something instead. Like a starch is very different than a simple sugar in how the body reacts and processes it.

No doubt!....

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016

Wholy cow!.....that is a _________tonn of meat in one day!....I bet they shiat pure Egyptian baked bricks!.....That's unreal!!!!!!....

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
I can't do that much meat my body needs a lot of fiber to handle the protein I intake already.

Thank you! Also, I used to be the same way about fiber. Since adapting to carnivore, that all changed. Fiber is actually one of the most common causes of general digestive distress.

I'm the same as TOM....If I eat red meat, chicken, really any "hard" type of protein, It's a nightmare on the exit!....If I eat "soft" protein, such as eggs, fish, etc., then the exit is gracious!....What besides fiber can one use to soften the experience?....

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
An entertaining vid:

I worked with a black guy in the mason industry....He would not eat all day long and would only drink sips of water during the day (10hrs in the Florida hot sun)....He was around 240lbs.....Everyone else would snack, eat lunch and snack thru out the day!....After about 2 weeks of me noticing he wasn't eating and only sipping water occasionally thru out the day, I couldn't resist and ask him how he was able to NOT EAT.....

Turns out, he would eat one time when he would get home from work...His wife would have supper ready when he walked in the door....He said it would take him 2-3 hours to eat...She would cook 3-4 pots of food and whatever meat, poutry, ect that they could afford....He had a gut, but was otherwise jacked!.....He did not drink alcohol or smoke or do drugs....Anyway, he died at the age of 55!....Not sure if this is an healthy way to eat...

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Are fish or seafoods ever incorporated?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic