IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011

Last edited by a moderator:
AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
this breaks my heart. it is so hard on the soft cartilage of their joints. the arthritis that these young kids will suffer in about 20 years is terrible. :(

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
That plus she can squat more than you :D

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
That plus she can squat more than you :D
i have no problem with that to be honest. i am 39, i can still walk. when she is 39 her vertebra and discs will have been damaged because of the weight and the poor form and she probably wont be walking very well. worse yet, i and you and everyone else will be paying for her disability check!

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
While I can't comment on the medical prudence of this, I was inspired! WOW!!

ATW, my daughter is now 13 and has never lifted, but she sees her mom as an avid lifter. She's in the middle of her "change" (that's breaking MY heart), when is it OK for her to start moving the weights?

Fish77

Fish77

VIP Member
Dec 24, 2010
I like this. She could use focus on her from clearly, but I am still super impressed.

And if you watch on her deads are great too!

Last edited:
MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
My concern with the video, and I would venture to guess ATW's concern as well, was the horrible form. Bad form at any age leads to injury, but especially in developing tissue. If you watch her spine, she rounds her back during the lift. As she stands, she locks legs first and then wrenches her spine upward...minimal use of the hips. That is brutal on cervical vertebrae(where the bar is resting) and on lumbar vertebrae which is where the movement is talking place. Its sad that her parents are more concerned with the "flash" of big weight than the safety of their daughter....or that they are just that ignorant.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Ignorance at its finest

Agreed mayo. Although I'm not the most educated on this subject, common sense says something ain't right.

i have no problem with that to be honest. i am 39, i can still walk. when she is 39 her vertebra and discs will have been damaged because of the weight and the poor form and she probably wont be walking very well. worse yet, i and you and everyone else will be paying for her disability check!

Just kidding :D = jk One should lighten up :)

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011

ATW, my daughter is now 13 and has never lifted, but she sees her mom as an avid lifter. She's in the middle of her "change" (that's breaking MY heart), when is it OK for her to start moving the weights?

i would say once she has gone through puberty and her estrogen is going and her growth is for the most part over than to start with lifting, obviously controlled and with proper form and not a bunch of weight, would be fine. i started lifting in 9th grade. never heavy but i did lift and lifted all through high school and then started lifting heavy in college.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011

There is no set age that a child should or should not start using resistance training to improve their health and physique. It depends on when they are able to understand and use proper form and appropriate weight. I've read articles and studies showing that resistance training as young as 6 years old improves bone density, coordination, tendon and ligament strength, and does NOT harm or alter growth plates. This, of course, is applicable only to those who use proper form and manageable weight. I'll try to find a couple of those studies for you when I get back to my laptop.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
There is no set age that a child should or should not start using resistance training to improve their health and physique. It depends on when they are able to understand and use proper form and appropriate weight. I've read articles and studies showing that resistance training as young as 6 years old improves bone density, coordination, tendon and ligament strength, and does NOT harm or alter growth plates. This, of course, is applicable only to those who use proper form and manageable weight. I'll try to find a couple of those studies for you when I get back to my laptop.
the problem with this is that it rarely stays controlled. this lifestyle is an addiction, it is why we all do it to a certain extent and the more one does it the more they want from it. so what happens is the 6 year old then becomes the 9 year old who is squatting 205#. the desire to lift more and look better is too strong to ignore. why do you think all these teenagers are doing AAS? not saying that allowing your child to lift is going to make them abuse AAS but it is definately developing an image issue at an early age. the every desired get hyoooge syndrome!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic

Status
Not open for further replies.