Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

81mg baby aspirin

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
This thread had me researching around for info. Good post! Made me curious.

So you guys that are taking one baby aspirin a day are doing so to lessen the chances of a heart attack and/or stroke by thinning one's blood. Basically an ounce of prevention is worth more than a pound of cure, right?

That is what I was doing for a few years, but then OI quit and saw somewhere that it was NOT a good idea and so on ad so forth,,,,,,

Determined

Determined

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2012
This thread had me researching around for info. Good post! Made me curious.

So you guys that are taking one baby aspirin a day are doing so to lessen the chances of a heart attack and/or stroke by thinning one's blood. Basically an ounce of prevention is worth more than a pound of cure, right?

I know most my buddies competing and running a lot all take it daily

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Just one baby aspirin a day absolutely thins my blood. If I get a cut, I have to really apply pressure for an extended period of time, because my blood simply won't clot like it normally would.

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
I thought this was not a source board, you guys been holding out on me, I'm reporting you to the admin...

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Been reading "aspirin" has possible GI bleeding sides since back when the 325mg pills were the version that was mostly sold, and before the OTC market invented the 81mgs. Either way, you can get them "enteric coated," as in they won't dissolve right away in the stomach. I don't know if I believe that 100% or not, but I like the sound of it so I do it. Add in that you take the pill(s) only when you're swallowing some food, seems like you can minimize any risk by simple means.

Titan

Titan

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2010
Been reading "aspirin" has possible GI bleeding sides since back when the 325mg pills were the version that was mostly sold, and before the OTC market invented the 81mgs. Either way, you can get them "enteric coated," as in they won't dissolve right away in the stomach. I don't know if I believe that 100% or not, but I like the sound of it so I do it. Add in that you take the pill(s) only when you're swallowing some food, seems like you can minimize any risk by simple means.
Not sure if you think 81mg. Aspirin tabs is a recent thing but just to clarify... Baby Asprin ie. (81mg.) tabs and chewable tabs have been around since the late 50's early 60's...Just saying.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Not sure if you think 81mg. Aspirin tabs is a recent thing but just to clarify... Baby Asprin ie. (81mg.) tabs and chewable tabs have been around since the late 50's early 60's...Just saying.

lol, I otoh have been around since the 1850s or 60s. If the 81mgs have been around as long as you say, I'm guessing they were originally marketed as, yup, "baby aspirins," for pain or fever control, and that was b4 all the talk about Reye's Syndrome. Pretty sure they only began being heavily marketed by our drug company friends as blood thinners for old farts just a few decades ago, but, not sure.

Zuespas

Zuespas

Aug 2, 2016
I can't do it. Gives me nose bleeds every time I use 81mg aspirin. Working at the office and out of nowhere I get a gusher of a nose bleed. As soon as I quit the aspirin my nose bleed issue goes away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I can't do it. Gives me nose bleeds every time I use 81mg aspirin. Working at the office and out of nowhere I get a gusher of a nose bleed. As soon as I quit the aspirin my nose bleed issue goes away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, that sucks. Otoh, maybe it says that thinning your blood is the last thing you have to worry about, dunno, just a thought.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic