Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

7 months on carnivore results

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
@testboner Like I said, if anyone enjoys eating like this than great! I am almost 50 and I like enjoying my life and eating lots of good food is part of that.

Again, it would be one thing if the results of this diet were so amazing, but I am in pretty decent shape and there are no foods off limits for me. I eat lots of sugar (timed post workout), that includes copious amounts of icecream. I go through about 2 tubs a week. I eat ramens for lunch when I need some carbs to go with my fried chicken. And my blood work is the best it has ever been. Total cholesterol 130 with perfect hdl/ldl ratios, <50 triglycerides, bp 115 / 70.

And I will share something I am almost embarrassed to admit. I have not done a single cardio session in over 4 years. I really need to, just been lazy.

So I respect if you enjoy living like that, but I have learned enough about dieting, and flexible dieting, in the last 10 years that I understand that most 'fad' diets are just that. Overly restrictive for no actual reasons. Totally unnecessary. But some guys like to be 'HARDCOREZ'. Not me brother. Any diet where I cant eat pizza is a deal breaker. Never trust anyone that does not love pizza!

I hear you. Though again, carnivory is our human ancestral “diet” / way of eating — it’s not a “fad,” it’s simply what’s always been, and the biological reason for human brain size, survival, our evolution.
Please don’t be fooled nor hink there’s any fooling of others — despite what your fitness, so far as physique is concerned, and no matter your lipids and BP looking good on the medical industrial complex scale — eating 2 tubs a week of ice cream, lots of sugar, and fried chicken is far from “healthy” and will irrefutably have various negative impacts both recognized or otherwise.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Though again, carnivory is our human ancestral “diet” / way of eating — it’s not a “fad,” it’s simply what’s always been, and the biological reason for human brain size, survival, our evolution.
Ummmmm nope. Humans have been eating grains for 100,000 plus years. Going back to our ancestors, we see starch ingestion going back as far a 4,000,000 years.

It is these ideas that guy cling to because they believe that this holds a lost 'secret' of sorts. Cave man, and carnivore sound so hardcorez, it must be good. Fact is humans and omnivores and we can live on a variety of foods.

Again, I hold if the results of this diet are so good than maybe it is worth living such a restricted life. I dont know if you have kids, but what do you do when you sit down to eat with them? Part of living a balanced life is living it with others around you. It is the reason I never considered keto even though in my 20's CKD was one of the most effective diets I ever did. I simply did not want to live such a restrictive lifestyle. You keep saying it is not restrictive, but come on... "You can eat anything you want, as long as it comes from an animal.". Sorry, that is just a farce to say that is not restrictive.

I am not in the best shape of anyone and quite small compared to many guys here. I am on TRT with only a bit of mild use of AAS over the years. No cutting agents, just leaned to eat for my goals. No cardio either in 4 years (not a good thing, just lazy) There are NO foods I cant and dont eat. But I will time some of them. (this only makes a difference when you are pretty lean). This is pretty much where I stay year round. Eating what I want and how I want at 48.

@testboner you seem to be into this pretty well. Love to see some of your progress and what carnivore has done for you. The internet is a weird place. If you look like Swiper, and were not using tons of AAS to get there and keep it, maybe it is worth considering? Post up some stuff so I can have a better idea of who's advice I am listening to.

nHtSult.jpg

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Ummmmm nope. Humans have been eating grains for 100,000 plus years. Going back to our ancestors, we see starch ingestion going back as far a 4,000,000 years.

It is these ideas that guy cling to because they believe that this holds a lost 'secret' of sorts. Cave man, and carnivore sound so hardcorez, it must be good. Fact is humans and omnivores and we can live on a variety of foods.

Again, I hold if the results of this diet are so good than maybe it is worth living such a restricted life. I dont know if you have kids, but what do you do when you sit down to eat with them? Part of living a balanced life is living it with others around you. It is the reason I never considered keto even though in my 20's CKD was one of the most effective diets I ever did. I simply did not want to live such a restrictive lifestyle. You keep saying it is not restrictive, but come on... "You can eat anything you want, as long as it comes from an animal.". Sorry, that is just a farce to say that is not restrictive.

I am not in the best shape of anyone and quite small compared to many guys here. I am on TRT with only a bit of mild use of AAS over the years. No cutting agents, just leaned to eat for my goals. No cardio either in 4 years (not a good thing, just lazy) There are NO foods I cant and dont eat. But I will time some of them. (this only makes a difference when you are pretty lean). This is pretty much where I stay year round. Eating what I want and how I want at 48.

@testboner you seem to be into this pretty well. Love to see some of your progress and what carnivore has done for you. The internet is a weird place. If you look like Swiper, and were not using tons of AAS to get there and keep it, maybe it is worth considering? Post up some stuff so I can have a better idea of who's advice I am listening to.

nHtSult.jpg

Grains are riddled with pesticide contamination… unlike past history, and are troublesome in a variety of other ways.
We’ve previously covered all this ground. Nutrition isn’t politics nor religion (not that either of those two examples are even different, but I digress), it’s biological. And throughout the course of human evolution, all fields of relevant science indicate that animal based eating was always preferential as well as our digestive systems being designed/evolved for animal based foods. Plant foods (grains included) were extra fluff, and more for emergency sustenance when and where animal based was scarce. We didn’t evolve on plants, nor would we / could we healthfully continue long term existence particularly on today’s plant based foods. Animals predominantly eat plants and we eat them (animals). That’s the most functionally proper and efficient by biological design (digestive systems).
Obviously we can eat anything of our choosing, and largely that’s turned out to be to our own demise. Processed foods were non existent. Plant foods aren’t the same today as they were in ancient human history — those are long gone…. But, even back then they were riddled with natural insecticides (toxins / anti-nutrients) for their survival. And again, our digestive systems are not optimized for any consumption (example: we’re incapable of digesting cellulose, unlike animals with differing digestive systems designed to digest it).

I understand you (and most everyone) wants to, and does, eat anything they want to. And in such a weird modern age of foodstuffs natural (very little) and otherwise available 24/7/365, that’s very easy to do. Yet it has nothing to do with what’s most healthy and to our biological design — but rather what’s become a modern malady more than anything beneficial.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
I’ve previously posted a myriad of pics (last year) and gone over that I’m no longer a “bodybuilder” as I once was many years ago. I turn 55 in March and in June I t’ll be 4 years since transitioning to carnivore as a means of sustaining health and favorable (to my likening) body comp and performance.

“Fit” physique and health aren’t synonymous. Many with amazing physiques drop dead from all the peds and foods they shovel in. My goal in the sense of balance, is both health and fitness (physique), and performance.

I’m not the image of whatever a drool factor male image is…. But I’m sure as fuck not the ordinary / common American, nor the typical 55yr old.

Most recent pics on my phone presently, and some more to come as I plan to condition for my bday coming up
34D7711E-3FA8-474B-BF07-ED25F4273686.jpeg
AD0047FB-F818-4151-9694-BDF437A5753C.jpeg
E5E8905E-A454-4CBF-9244-D996C9817E2E.jpeg
in late March.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
I’ve previously posted a myriad of pics (last year) and gone over that I’m no longer a “bodybuilder” as I once was many years ago. I turn 55 in March and in June I t’ll be 4 years since transitioning to carnivore as a means of sustaining health and favorable (to my likening) body comp and performance.

“Fit” physique and health aren’t synonymous. Many with amazing physiques drop dead from all the peds and foods they shovel in. My goal in the sense of balance, is both health and fitness (physique), and performance.

I’m not the image of whatever a drool factor male image is…. But I’m sure as fuck not the ordinary / common American, nor the typical 55yr old.

Most recent pics on my phone presently, and some more to come as I plan to condition for my bday coming up in late March.
Man, you look fantastic. Legit! Again, I meant no disrespect, but on the interwebz you never really know you are speaking with. TID is nice because we have so many legit guys with no bs.

Interesting. So 4 years. What major changes do you attribute to shifting diet, and do you not believe that compositional changes could just not been accomplished with simple caloric manipulation?
I am leaving out a big part on my end. The last 4 years I have practiced IF and last year, I now do 2-3 what I call 'hard' fasts where I only eat once and will fast for 20-22 hours.

I do believe the fasting really allows me to eat so loosely and metabolically my body just seems to process everything better. Kind of discovered by accident when from when COVID first hit, I just 'went off the wagon' eating. Never had I ever eaten so much junk food, but there was not much to do. I did moderate my comp but doing hard fasts on on non-workout days and figued out I could keep myself in check. I was nervous as hell when I went in for my physical since it was BY FAR the worst I have ever eaten. Amazingly my blood work was the best it has ever been. Fasting is really the only thing I can attribute it to.

I have much respect for your physique, but have to say, there is just no way I could restrict myself that much and enjoy my life. I love food. And again, pizza is a non-negotiable. You can go back 20 years and pretty sure every friday I have eaten Pizza!

Major props and respect. No doubt what you are doing works for you!

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Man, you look fantastic. Legit! Again, I meant no disrespect, but on the interwebz you never really know you are speaking with. TID is nice because we have so many legit guys with no bs.

Interesting. So 4 years. What major changes do you attribute to shifting diet, and do you not believe that compositional changes could just not been accomplished with simple caloric manipulation?
I am leaving out a big part on my end. The last 4 years I have practiced IF and last year, I now do 2-3 what I call 'hard' fasts where I only eat once and will fast for 20-22 hours.

I do believe the fasting really allows me to eat so loosely and metabolically my body just seems to process everything better. Kind of discovered by accident when from when COVID first hit, I just 'went off the wagon' eating. Never had I ever eaten so much junk food, but there was not much to do. I did moderate my comp but doing hard fasts on on non-workout days and figued out I could keep myself in check. I was nervous as hell when I went in for my physical since it was BY FAR the worst I have ever eaten. Amazingly my blood work was the best it has ever been. Fasting is really the only thing I can attribute it to.

I have much respect for your physique, but have to say, there is just no way I could restrict myself that much and enjoy my life. I love food. And again, pizza is a non-negotiable. You can go back 20 years and pretty sure every friday I have eaten Pizza!

Major props and respect. No doubt what you are doing works for you!

Thanks MC, I appreciate the compliments. You’re doing great yourself, and without any doubt, your fasting is a significantly positive contributor.
I mentioned conditioning for my upcoming bday, and adding in my fasting protocol is key in that. When feb hits, I’ll phase in daily IF (minimum 16hrs) and do a couple extended fasts weekly (24-48hr). It’s phenomenal for health as well as physique recomp.

My recover has improved on carnivore. I no longer bloat, retain water, burp, nor fart. Those may not sound like much, but they’re huge positives and indicators of improved gut health. Carnivore has virtually eliminated ALL signs of my asthma, and overall inflammation is radically reduced, virtually non existent. Energy levels are sustained very stable from morning to eve — steady insulin and glucose levels as opposed to spikes and dips.
As far as manipulating calories as a dietary strategy, that’s what I predominantly did with all previous eating styles, and there’s much merit to that so far as body comp / physique. However, if observed/analyzed carefully, there are frequent nutritional deficits that require more effort to mitigate (via supplementation).

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010

nHtSult.jpg
Gonna keep this as simple and to the point as possible. Are humans omnivores? Yes. Meaning we CAN eat a large variety of foods. Did our ancestors eat some grains and veggies? Likely they did. But they were not farming huge fields of wheat and corn for mass consumption. (Also as testboner pointed out there were no chemicals sprayed on their foods and they still had nutritional value.) Their diets were likely 90-95% meat with a few berries here and there when available. This should be obvious but just because someone can eat 500 grams of carbs per day and have abs (with massive amounts of drugs) doesn't really mean this is the best way of doing things for health. Most people are not pro bodybuilders. And I don't think anyone is stupid enough to argue that a bodybuilders diet is optimal for health. Maybe 50-60 years ago but not now.

jp2code

jp2code

Feb 10, 2018
Mostly red meat and eggs. A little cheese here and there for flavor. Sausage and bacon. I also eat a pound or so of liver per week. Yesterdays breakfast was 6 eggs with a bit of cheese, 4 bacon strips and 3 sausage patties. Last night I had 2 x 14oz ribyes. Today I had two new york strip steaks for breakfast and for supper 2 pound of 90/10 ground beef with a half pound of liver. I've dropped my calories just a bit lately because I can't find many decent ribeys. Everything is cooked in butter.
That sounds awesome.

I don't think my salary would support two 14oz ribeyes a day, though. I'd be stuck eating chicken and turkey.

I used MuscleMeds Carnivor Beef Protein Isolate Powder for a few years and got good results from it.

I stopped when everyone lost their jobs due to Covid, but it might be time to start again.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
How is your cholesterol and triglycerides doing Carnivore? Interesting that your BP went down. That’s awesome. It sounds like it’s going great for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
These are "before" pics at around 230 (although I did hit 241 after my car accident and the gym closing due to covid)

These are after at about 192

I'm not a bodybuilder and I get most of my exercise from Jiu-jitsu and Muay Thai. I hit moderate weights for 12-15 reps 2-3 times per week these days. Jiu-jitsu is 3 days per week 1.5-2 hours per class. Grappling 6 x 5 min rounds at the end. Muay Thai is 1-2 days per week with shadow boxing, heavy bag and mit rounds and sparing 3-4 x 3 min rounds. I cannot work my abs due to a hernia visible in the side pic. (getting it fixed this year)

A lot of quality muscle there, man! Good for you. Especially to not completely be into bodybuilding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic