Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

6 weeks out of first comp pics

silntrunin

silntrunin

MuscleHead
Aug 30, 2011
I'm 5ft 9.5in. I weighed 193, but I felt that was way off and then all th competitors were talking the next night asking if their weight was off and apparently the scale was off by 6-10 lbs for every one of them. So I was actually around 200.
My conditioning stood out as some of the best there for sure, I was happy seeing myself in comparison.

I ended up placing 4th, not exactly what I expected but I'm not mad at all, more drive to keep it going! It definitely was some bad judging, I was approached by many competitors as soon as I walked back stage saying they had me in first or second at least, and I personally would have been okay with 1st-3rd, because number 2 had my conditioning level and the number one guy had a lot of depth and maturity, but the 3rd place kind of blew all our minds for sure! Oh well, big shows, shit happens. Time for a productive off season and then we KILL IT in March!!!!! Everyone was utterly mind blown lol, everyone remembered my class out of the rest because they couldn't believe the judging.

Well done my friend! Anytime you crack the top 5 in your first show, you've done well. I'm goona assume it was an NPC show in which case I will say welcome to the NPC. You will find a lot of NPC shows judging is shit. So you should be proud of yourself. A perfect example of their shit judging, last year my wife competed in the physique class and there was a girl that was in the figure class and crossed over to the physique class also. She took 1st place in the figure class so my wife and I thought for sure my wife had first in physique. But they gave the same girl 1st in physique also. Two different classes with different criteria but she wins both classes. Total BS and because of that my wife will no longer compete.
So if you stick with the NPC, its something you'll need to get used to. It sucks but thats the way it is.

None the less, you have the right mind set. Use it to fuel your training for next March and come in bigger and harder. Congrats bro!!! Look forward to watching you grow.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Congrats AJ, you did great brother. It's been awesome following your journey. Can't wait to see what future shows hold for you. Unfortunately, the bad judging seems to happen all too often in this sport. Keep hittin it hard bro.

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
Great job AJ, sucks to hear about the judging but you've for the right attitude!

ajdonutz

ajdonutz

VIP Member
May 23, 2012
Thanks everyone! That's crazy to hear silntrunin! Just goes to show how bad the judging can really get sometimes. Saturday was prime example, my class wasn't the only one, but every one there remembered my class specifically for the 3rd place guy placing over me lol, top 2were solid, but I deserved 3rd at very least, and more likely first or second. I definitely out conditioned my whole class. Second place guy was close in conditioning and had great symmetry as well so it should have been tight between us. First place guy simply out muscled all of us, his proportion was decent. Conditioning decent. But he outsized everyone so I guess that's what they wanted in my class. But if that was the case, it should have been a Pose down between my self and second place for 2 and 3. The guy who got 3rd should have placed 5th even under the 5th place dude. His conditioning was terrible. But I'm not upset. Just giving you guys the rundown of honest critique and what I saw lol. But it was a blast nonetheless and I can't wait to bring an even better package next time!

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Congrats Bro. 4th means you were no slouch. Sorry to hear about the judging but them's the breaks. You definitely kicked but and looked great. I'm looking forward to the professional pics.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Congratulations A! The real prize is you brought your best condition to the stage and people loved it! I want to do that!

silntrunin

silntrunin

MuscleHead
Aug 30, 2011
Yep, I'm with bullmuscle. As long as you bring your best package, you've already won. My attitude towards competing is to always be in better conditioning and or bigger than my last show. As long as I do that I'm happy with myself regardless of placing. The judging is just to f*cked up imo especially in the NPC.

Hey, you had fun #1, you learned a lot about your body #2, and you have the right mind set to come back even stronger in March #3. Win Win all the way around. And you motivated plenty of guys on this board. Awesome job my brother!

ajdonutz

ajdonutz

VIP Member
May 23, 2012
Thanks brothers! Happy to have all of your support and happy to have you all following me!

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Yep, I'm with bullmuscle. As long as you bring your best package, you've already won. My attitude towards competing is to always be in better conditioning and or bigger than my last show. As long as I do that I'm happy with myself regardless of placing. The judging is just to f*cked up imo especially in the NPC.

Hey, you had fun #1, you learned a lot about your body #2, and you have the right mind set to come back even stronger in March #3. Win Win all the way around. And you motivated plenty of guys on this board. Awesome job my brother!

I just wanted to second this. Its so true.

ajdonutz

ajdonutz

VIP Member
May 23, 2012
I found some pics online from the show. They only posted 2-3 of each competitor, but here they are! And all my pics will be in tomorrow eve. These are amidst my finals routine

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1404262935936.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1404262935936.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 45
  • uploadfromtaptalk1404262943006.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1404262943006.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 45
  • uploadfromtaptalk1404262950118.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1404262950118.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 45
Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Dayum! Good work! Everything is pretty incredible!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic