Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

6 weeks out from the Masters Nationals

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Not gonna be able to make it this weekend brother. Got Uncle Sam duties. Hope you guys have a great time

silntrunin

silntrunin

MuscleHead
Aug 30, 2011
You looked great man, be proud! I've heard many guys who didn't crack top ten come in and get their card the next year. You never know how it's gonna turn out. I do see what gc is saying on your rdb, possibly a small tweak that could benefit quite a bit bro. But you looked great! Couldn't have been more dry. Good job brotha

Yeah those little tweaks make a big difference. Got a few tips from my coach this year, small little things but improved my posing 100%. Still learning after all these years.
52987-steven-medina-19_final#2.jpg crab masters nationals 2014#2.jpg 52987-steven-medina-21_final.jpg 52987-steven-medina-25_final.jpg
These are most of the pics from the prejudging plus what I had already uploaded. Hammer away, looking for some constructive feedback.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Siln, you look great! I'm sorry that you didn't place higher, but it sounds you competed in an extremely deep class of athletes. I've got a ton of respect for you and how you have not bashed the judging, but instead complimented your competition. That shows a lot of class. That's one of the great things about competing. Sure, you want to win, but you also want to bring your best package to the stage. After all, you can't control who else is going to show and what type of conditioning they are going to be in. You can only control your prep and your package. You should be extremely proud, and work hard to improve and bring an even better package to the stage this next year.

Don't take this as a criticism, because I think you look great, but bringing up your calves and your lats would make you look even better. Your conditioning is great!

What class were you in? What is your height and stage weight?

Again, congratulations! You've got an amazing physique!

silntrunin

silntrunin

MuscleHead
Aug 30, 2011
Siln, you look great! I'm sorry that you didn't place higher, but it sounds you competed in an extremely deep class of athletes. I've got a ton of respect for you and how you have not bashed the judging, but instead complimented your competition. That shows a lot of class. That's one of the great things about competing. Sure, you want to win, but you also want to bring your best package to the stage. After all, you can't control who else is going to show and what type of conditioning they are going to be in. You can only control your prep and your package. You should be extremely proud, and work hard to improve and bring an even better package to the stage this next year.
Don't take this as a criticism, because I think you look great, but bringing up your calves and your lats would make you look even better. Your conditioning is great!

What class were you in? What is your height and stage weight?

Again, congratulations! You've got an amazing physique!

Thanks for the feedback brother! Definitely need some thickness in the lats, need some size in my triceps and calves as well. That's my list so far and legs go without saying. Legs can always be better.

Thanks Tommyguns!

gotclen

gotclen

VIP Member
Oct 20, 2011
Slin Thanks for adding more pics. I'm just going to role with thoughts. PLEASE dont hate me for sharing my thoughts. Even if one thought helps you that is all I'm trying to do. My intention is to help NEVER to be a dick. I support ALL that compete and only want something positive for you in the end.

Over all back thickness is needed for sure. Hard to do as we age but pound away at it. At the same time that means traps, delts and arms. From the back view it is easy to see you still have a butt. You need to have glutes. You know what I mean. I like how your hammis are showing. They will really stand out once your glutes are in. Your side shots also will look better when glutes are in.

On that side chest shot keep your chest up and full. Dont scrunch over. Rotate kinda at the waist towards the judges. It will show your conditioning more to them.

I'm not sure what is going on with your right leg. As big and lean as you are it is not splitting. Is it a past injury?
On your front poses really work to find the foot/leg placement that permits to hold them in while hitting the rest of the pose.

Guys that do the most muscular where they lean over to much start to lose 50% of the body in the pose because of trying to make the upper body so freaky. It is the total package. Find what gives you the best if not prettiest look to the eye.

Best of luck and this shit never gets easier. I always think it will then I show up at a show like this and think What the hell am I doing here.

So, hats off to you brother. Enjoy the journey.
GC

silntrunin

silntrunin

MuscleHead
Aug 30, 2011
Slin Thanks for adding more pics. I'm just going to role with thoughts. PLEASE dont hate me for sharing my thoughts. Even if one thought helps you that is all I'm trying to do. My intention is to help NEVER to be a dick. I support ALL that compete and only want something positive for you in the end.

Over all back thickness is needed for sure. Hard to do as we age but pound away at it. At the same time that means traps, delts and arms. From the back view it is easy to see you still have a butt. You need to have glutes. You know what I mean. I like how your hammis are showing. They will really stand out once your glutes are in. Your side shots also will look better when glutes are in.

On that side chest shot keep your chest up and full. Dont scrunch over. Rotate kinda at the waist towards the judges. It will show your conditioning more to them.

I'm not sure what is going on with your right leg. As big and lean as you are it is not splitting. Is it a past injury?
On your front poses really work to find the foot/leg placement that permits to hold them in while hitting the rest of the pose.

Guys that do the most muscular where they lean over to much start to lose 50% of the body in the pose because of trying to make the upper body so freaky. It is the total package. Find what gives you the best if not prettiest look to the eye.

Best of luck and this shit never gets easier. I always think it will then I show up at a show like this and think What the hell am I doing here.

So, hats off to you brother. Enjoy the journey.
GC

Thanks a lot for the feedback brother. I'm a positive person so no problem with what you posted. It'll help me reevaluate where I am and what I need to do.
Yes, an old injury on right leg, had the knee scoped about 7 years ago and leg training has never been the same since.

Thanks again bro, back to the drawing board. ;)

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Looking great... gotclen has pretty much nailed it with an accurate account of places where you can improve but you looked stacked, lean and awesome brother.... regardless of placing its a huge accomplishment to get on that stage...job well done. much respect!

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
by the way.. hamstrings looking SICK SICK SICK!! I think side chest is a great pose for you and slowly rotating it out towards the judges as you hit it and bringing the chest up will only make it that much more dominating

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Lookin shredded siln! I am not a BB so take this with a grain of salt. I think your quad sweep and lat width would go a long way towards improving your placement.

For back width I always did well with a lot of pull ups and straight arm pushdowns.

Quad sweep try barbell hack squats, sissy squats and front squats.

silntrunin

silntrunin

MuscleHead
Aug 30, 2011
Lookin shredded siln! I am not a BB so take this with a grain of salt. I think your quad sweep and lat width would go a long way towards improving your placement.

For back width I always did well with a lot of pull ups and straight arm pushdowns.

Quad sweep try barbell hack squats, sissy squats and front squats.

Thanks for the tips POB. Legs are a problem because of my back. L4 and L5 are pretty much gone (degenerated) and squats just put to me in to much pain so I have to stay away from the most productive exercises for legs. It sucks but I'll keep hitting leg presses and walking lunges and whatever else I cam manage.

Thanks guys, your input means a lot.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Thanks for the tips POB. Legs are a problem because of my back. L4 and L5 are pretty much gone (degenerated) and squats just put to me in to much pain so I have to stay away from the most productive exercises for legs. It sucks but I'll keep hitting leg presses and walking lunges and whatever else I cam manage.

Thanks guys, your input means a lot.

Everybody has some obstacle.
But you look shockingly incredible bro.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic