Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

505lb cambered bar box squat

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
That looks harder than a straight bar. Is it? The way it can swing like a pendulum.

Great lift btw.

Last edited:
C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
That looks harder than a straight bar. Is it? The way it can swing like a pendulum.

Great lift btw.

Thank you! I'm not sure if it's harder? I haven't maxed straight bar box squat without bands or chains.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Nice lift. I'd like to have one of those bars for my gym.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Way to move good weight but that wasn't quite a box squat. You aren't sitting back enough.

That bar is awesome for good mornings, suspended good mornings, squats, box squats, works very well with chains on it and have even seen some dudes bench with it. I did curls with it once lol

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
@PillarofBalance I know what you're saying. With what conjugate (coaches are Louie trained) has us doing, we need to sit back yes but more important is once on the box sitting up and releasing hamstring, quad and glute tension, then re-engaging before coming up. You're absolutely right though, I need to work on pushing my butt back. It's harder than it looks. We did low box for a while now we're doing 18".

Here's 465 which is slightly better.:/

Last edited:
BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
It wouldn't have been such a struggle if you had done it shirtless while wearing your beanie, lol...

Good job though....

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
It wouldn't have been such a struggle if you had done it shirtless while wearing your beanie, lol...

Good job though....

haha thank you. I only do that when I want to get your nipples hard. They'll be more of that, don't worry. I mean I do crossfit so what do you guys expect?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic