Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

5-amino-1MQ

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Has anyone tried 5-amino-1MQ on their lab rat, a nicotinamide N-methyltransferase inhibitor? Either oral or sc? Very interesting small molecule.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
I had never even heard of it?....It does have some INTERESTING facets!....I would be curious to hear form those who have tried it as well?!....

"5-amino-1MQ has been shown to reduce the production of the enzyme nicotinamide N-methyltransferase
(NNMT),a regulator
of energy homeostasis in adipose tissue (a type of fat used for energy storage). This mechanism could
shrink white adipose tissue and
dramatically reduce weight without the need for limiting calorie intake. "

I

Intel.Imperitive

Mar 24, 2022
Anyone have any experience with this?

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
The Mrs has a bottle from Peptide Sciences in the fridge. Has not tried it yet. It is pricey $250 a bottle. Sometime later this year, will update.

Type-IIx

Type-IIx

Mar 24, 2022
Never heard of it until now! I'm reading about some interesting results (potent NNMT inhibitor, low IC50) with evidence of accelerated muscle regeneration in aged mice (sarcopenic model); reduced body weight and WAT in diet-induced obese mice; in vitro evidence of potential antiproliferative effects (potentially relevant in muscle degeneration, tissue adhesions, certain neoplasms).

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Yea, same as the others W6, I had never heard of it until you mentioned it here, at least i don't think I have. Let us know how it goes!

I

Intel.Imperitive

Mar 24, 2022
Never heard of it until now! I'm reading about some interesting results (potent NNMT inhibitor, low IC50) with evidence of accelerated muscle regeneration in aged mice (sarcopenic model); reduced body weight and WAT in diet-induced obese mice; in vitro evidence of potential antiproliferative effects (potentially relevant in muscle degeneration, tissue adhesions, certain neoplasms).
Science bro.

T

thehulk

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2022
Anyone have an update on lab experiments with 5-amino-1MQ? Curious what happened to the rats.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Really couldn't tell a difference and for the price, that's alot of EPH/CAF that works well.

T

thehulk

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2022
Really couldn't tell a difference and for the price, that's alot of EPH/CAF that works well.
What was the rats dosage? The anecdotal reporting suggests that the effective dose is body weight dependent, with most users reporting results around the 150mg/ed mark which roughly equates to .75mg per lb for a 200lb dude.

I am NOT suggesting that it’s safe at that doseage I really have no idea, but that’s the word on the forums for effective usage.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
About 0.6 mg/lb BW and with NAD precursor. Not worth the money IMO.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
Has anyone jumped in and tried this? The oral dose says 50-150 mg a day which would be $250 every 20 days. A bit steep to jump in on since from what I read it takes about 12 weeks for full effect.

I love experimenting but that's a bit high for my wallet.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic