Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?
O

Ozkon

Aug 3, 2011
Hi there,

I'm new to the forum, first of all! I'm glad to have joined - there's lots of knowledge and support here.

I am currently running the Hotnfit.com EC stack (based on 8mg ephedrine pills) and have some concerns regarding HIIT and my current supplement stack. I have read that the half-life of ephedrine is about 4 hours, and some sources have suggested that if one wants to take another supplement that contains stimulants, they should just simply skip a dosage of ephedrine.

I am currently taking my stack at roughly 7:00 am, 11:30 am, and 4:00 pm, and I tend to go to the gym around 4:30 pm or 5:00 pm. Before beginning this stack, I was taking USP Labs Jack3d and doing a lot of HIIT by jumping rope and running drills on an agility ladder. Having to go 8 weeks without these things is difficult for me to fathom, so I'm wondering if there is a way that I can make this work without having a heart attack. If I were to take the stack at 7:00 am, 11:00 am, take my pre-workout supplement and do HIIT, and then take the stack shortly after my workout (6:30 pm or 7:00 pm), would I be okay? Does anyone have any suggestions for this situation?

Thanks.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
first welcome to the iron den. it would be great if you would throw up an intro thread in the new members section.

as far as the ephedra, are you super stim sensitive? i have been taking 2-20mg of ephedra and your concerns have never crossed my mind.

how old are you? are you feeling light headed during your HIT?

O

Ozkon

Aug 3, 2011
Thanks for the reply and welcome!

I'm twenty years old, and I don't think I'm stim sensitive. I have taken many different stimulants (of varying strengths) and generally feel quite fine when I take them; I've never had an experience that has been alarming to me, in any way. I am taking ephedrine hcl with caffeine and a lot of advice that I've read says to avoid HIIT when consuming the EC stack as it will raise your heart rate too much. The stack I'm taking involves 3 doses of ephedrine (8 mg) and 1 does of caffeine (200 mg), three times a day. I have yet to do HIIT while on this stack, simply because I am weary of the warnings that I have read. I have never experienced light-headedness from cardio.

gentao

gentao

MuscleHead
May 16, 2011
Thanks for the reply and welcome!

I'm twenty years old, and I don't think I'm stim sensitive. I have taken many different stimulants (of varying strengths) and generally feel quite fine when I take them; I've never had an experience that has been alarming to me, in any way. I am taking ephedrine hcl with caffeine and a lot of advice that I've read says to avoid HIIT when consuming the EC stack as it will raise your heart rate too much. The stack I'm taking involves 3 doses of ephedrine (8 mg) and 1 does of caffeine (200 mg), three times a day. I have yet to do HIIT while on this stack, simply because I am weary of the warnings that I have read. I have never experienced light-headedness from cardio.

on cardio day, maybe take one 200mg caffeine pill in the morning

O

Ozkon

Aug 3, 2011
So, no ephedrine on cardio day is a safe bet? I read that the half-life of ephedrine is 4 hours, but does that get longer, if the dosage is bigger?

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
have you taken your pulse while working out? what is your resting pulse on the ephedra?

O

Ozkon

Aug 3, 2011
I just took my resting pulse - 74 bpm. I can check my pulse while working out, but I think I will skip the HIIT today..

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
do you mind sharing your stats? height, weight etc, if not thats ok. i would take your pulse several times during your workout. if you are worried about it you also might just take it in the morning on cardio days and then again after your workout. personally, if i took it that late in the afternoon i would never sleep at night. :) i like sleeping hence the reason i just take it once a day at 4 am. but for me it lasts pretty much all day because the creepy crawlys get worse as the day goes on :D

O

Ozkon

Aug 3, 2011
I'm 5'9" and 167 lbs, roughly. Not sure about my bf% at this point. It was around 20% last time I checked. I took the stack this morning at 7 and then by 11, I was toast. I just took my pulse while lifting - it was 115 bpm. I'm on the stationary bike as I type this, going a fairly relaxed pace, and feeling fine.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
you took it at 7 and 11 or just at 7? your resting pulse is very good and i think 115 as a workout pulse isnt bad. do you know what your pulse would get to during HIT when you werent taking the stack?

O

Ozkon

Aug 3, 2011
I took it at 7, and that's it. I'll be taking it at 7, 11, and 4 tomorrow. I've never checked my pulse during HIT, but perhaps I can do that at some point, if I skip a dosage or something.

Thanks for all of your input regarding this matter, by the way!

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
with stims its really based on tolerance. I feel that you can increase the dose al longe as you dont raise your HR or BP into any dangerous levels. 8mg ephedra is a fairly low dose, but taking it so late in the evening may cause some insomnia.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 2 members watching this topic