Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

3rd shift/night shift Diet?

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
How do you manage your diet while working overnight?

I’m not having trouble with eating clean, so much as what I’m craving when the time is appropriate, if that makes any sense at all.

I wake up and crave breakfast, but my girl is cooking some spicy-ass tacos because it’s fawking 4p. Gotta eat it.

2hrs later (still wiping the sleepies out of my eyes), my boys want to get together to go to the local post and tell war stories. Gotta go.

3hrs later (don’t judge me), I’m ready for a meal and my boys are taking an über home, calling their wives, etc. Gotta go home.

It’s halfway through your day and everyone in your time zone is fast asleep.

How do you manage your diet?!

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Worked nights and mids most of my military life. Luckily my wife just rotated her hours with me. We eat breakfast in the afternoon etc.. once the kids got older, I just ate whatever meal the family was on.. it sucks sometimes but that's the nature of shiftwork I guess

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
I worked 3rd shift in college (meaning I barely remember it anymore). It was hard to be out of sync with the rest of society that runs 9-5 (my nighttime).

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I worked 3rd shift in college (meaning I barely remember it anymore). It was hard to be out of sync with the rest of society that runs 9-5 (my nighttime).
Worked nights and mids most of my military life. Luckily my wife just rotated her hours with me. We eat breakfast in the afternoon etc.. once the kids got older, I just ate whatever meal the family was on.. it sucks sometimes but that's the nature of shiftwork I guess

Yeah, I’ve done overnights in the military for months at a time, but it was different because most of my friend group was also on nights.

This time around is just plain old boring and the diet WAS on point but has now fallen off.

S

SilverFox

Oct 31, 2018
Overnight I kept things light and digestible plus made breakfast basically my main meal. Weekends I ate normally.

L

luckyvenkat

Feb 21, 2019
Protein-rich foods keep you alert, which makes them a good choice for meals and snacks eaten during an evening or night shift.Read to know how protein rich breakfast helps you lose weight. Night workers should eat their main meal before their shift starts, preferably at regular dinner time between 5:00 p.m.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic