Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Thinking about going for a second ;)

Nice life bro, how did it feel?

Snachito1

Snachito1

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2018
You made it look easy!! Love your equipment set-up!!

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
You came out of the hole no problem, and then slowed at about the halfway point as your transitioned from primarily your chest to your triceps. That's typical. Weighted dips to bring up your tricep strength. Another training technique is for a training partner to put the boards on your chest, and you do half reps where you come down to only the half way point. You can do that with a smith rack yourself.

Flex, you're a naturally strong dude with fire in your belly! Keep up the good work!

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
@FLEXjs NIce work man!

Strong jelly of those beautiful deep dish plates. Need to pull 2-plates off and do some spirited reps so we can hear them clang together!

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Strong jelly of those beautiful deep dish plates. Need to pull 2-plates off and do some spirited reps so we can hear them clang together!

I've thought of refinishing them. I have 4 York deep dish 45s and 4 International deep dish 45s and 2 International deep dish 35s.

Lisa's boy runs the sand-blast at my company. I've thought of him and I bringing them all in on a Saturday and blasting them clean and repainting them, but I dunno.....weights aren't supposed to be pretty.

Thoughts?

Thinking about going for a second ;)

Nice life bro, how did it feel?

Not thinking of a second, just a little static hold.

Felt heavy, but OK.

You made it look easy!! Love your equipment set-up!!

Thanks

You came out of the hole no problem, and then slowed at about the halfway point as your transitioned from primarily your chest to your triceps. That's typical. Weighted dips to bring up your tricep strength. Another training technique is for a training partner to put the boards on your chest, and you do half reps where you come down to only the half way point. You can do that with a smith rack yourself.

Flex, you're a naturally strong dude with fire in your belly! Keep up the good work!

Haven't been able to do dips in 30+ years due to shoulder issues. I do have bench blokz. Might try to work them in sometimes.

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
Looks like you did that pretty easy. Great job!!

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
Looks like you could have done another with a spotter .... good work bro.... I hope I can push that weight at 53....

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic