Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

300 Squat and 400 Deadlift ~ 123 Bodyweight, Raw from UPA MI State Championships

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
A couple of nice milestones for me.

My brother got this picture of me, and he showed me right after the lift. And I liked it so much that I told him I loved him and kissed the top of his head, heh. Yeah, I was feeling pretty happy after nailing that squat.

SquatPic.jpg

Here are the videos of both the squat and deadlift

Last edited by a moderator:
uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Buried the squat and the pull FLEW the FUKK up. Nice job young Chris!

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Technique looked solid Chris! I think you're being awfully conservative. You got a lot more to give! Great work bud.

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
Technique looked solid Chris! I think you're being awfully conservative. You got a lot more to give! Great work bud.
Thanks POB. I think you're right. I'm hoping that with more competition experience, I'll be better being more aggressive with my second and third lift attempts. Truthfully, I didn't think I'd pull 400. I only decided on it because it was my last lift, and I had friends and family watching on the internet. And I thought I'd give them some excitement watching me grind through a rep. Had I known I'd pull it like I did, I'd have gone for 410 or 415.

I'm toying with the idea of picking some competition in the summer and just treat it like a throwaway, and go there for the sole purpose of being aggressive. Be safe with an opener to avoid disqualification, and then go for a big PR on the second lift, and then if I get it, do it again for the third lift. Maybe this will help me get a better idea of how to pick more challenging lifts?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Thanks POB. I think you're right. I'm hoping that with more competition experience, I'll be better being more aggressive with my second and third lift attempts. Truthfully, I didn't think I'd pull 400. I only decided on it because it was my last lift, and I had friends and family watching on the internet. And I thought I'd give them some excitement watching me grind through a rep. Had I known I'd pull it like I did, I'd have gone for 410 or 415.

I'm toying with the idea of picking some competition in the summer and just treat it like a throwaway, and go there for the sole purpose of being aggressive. Be safe with an opener to avoid disqualification, and then go for a big PR on the second lift, and then if I get it, do it again for the third lift. Maybe this will help me get a better idea of how to pick more challenging lifts?

I think you're on the right track with the summer meet. What does your meet prep look like though? If you have a good idea what your maxes are, and set your openers correctly you should be hitting some grinders on third attempts at the meet. Especially on deads where you are just about out of gas.

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
I think you're on the right track with the summer meet. What does your meet prep look like though? If you have a good idea what your maxes are, and set your openers correctly you should be hitting some grinders on third attempts at the meet. Especially on deads where you are just about out of gas.
This was my second meet, so I'm playing around with my meet prep and determining my openers and estimated 1RM. This last meet, I picked my openers based on what I could do for 3 reps, 3 sets relatively easy. Then I added 5 pounds to the squat, 0 pounds to the bench, and 10 pounds to the deadlift. Each of my second lifts were based on 5 or 10 pounds heavier than what I've ever tried to do at the gym (except bench). And for the third lifts, I guess I got stuck on the whole numbers of 300 and 400, but I swear, I thought they'd be grinders. I mean, it was just a couple months (8 training sessions) ago that I tried pulling 380 and couldn't get it. And recently, tried 375 but didn't lock it out. So 400 was really a surprise for me.

Even now, I'd be less surprised if I found out that the guys at the competition had put on 385 or 390 by mistake than me pulling 400.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic