Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

300/400/500

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I was hoping the trap bar would help me maintain some leg strength whilst taking it easy on my right knee tendonitis.

Upper back work I have been throwing in after pressing. So I usually Press twice a week and do OHP with Chins and Rows with Bench.

WHat are your thoughts?
Injuries blow - what’s your physical therapy plan? That needs to be in check first. Honestly, I would ditch the trap bar as that’s more strain than a DL bar.
For back? Rows rows and rows.
lateral rows, upright rows, pull-ups and rear delt work.
Do you pull sumo or traditional?

L

Lowrida

Feb 2, 2021
Injuries blow - what’s your physical therapy plan? That needs to be in check first. Honestly, I would ditch the trap bar as that’s more strain than a DL bar.
For back? Rows rows and rows.
lateral rows, upright rows, pull-ups and rear delt work.
Do you pull sumo or traditional?

I saw a physio recently and he has got be to back off on any depth, working on loading the knee slowly and careful one leg stuff to rebuild the tendon strength with care. Already feeling some good change, I reckon I was compensating for my left knee. I dont want to go heavy untill its all fixed, no way am hitting 400 like this.

I pull trad, I love it. Only tried sumo a few times. Might try it again for some vareity.

I will start adding more volume for the rows thanks for the tip.

L

Lowrida

Feb 2, 2021
Upper Body

Clean and Strict Press 70x5, 70x4, 70x3,70x3
Super Set
Pull Ups 5x8
DB Row 10 reps @ 30kg

50 rep burnout set latraise

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
First of all welcome to the den second of all it's just perseverance getting those numbers up. My only advice is keep an eye on those numbers but don't try and get to them before they're due. Injuries happen when we're pushing too hard and trying to create new PR's.

Make sure you're feeding your body the right way which is the most important and then just a life of fortified iron to help you grow big and strong

L

Lowrida

Feb 2, 2021
Lower Body Rehab/Progress Session

Just working on protecting and building strength in this knee.

Leg Press- One legged Leg Press x15 reps3 sets
Both legs x25 reps x3 sets

Leg Extenions 15 reps x5 sets

Front Squat off a Box x8 reps @70kg

Hamstring Curls drop set
Sprints on the spin bike

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I saw a physio recently and he has got be to back off on any depth, working on loading the knee slowly and careful one leg stuff to rebuild the tendon strength with care. Already feeling some good change, I reckon I was compensating for my left knee. I dont want to go heavy untill its all fixed, no way am hitting 400 like this.

I pull trad, I love it. Only tried sumo a few times. Might try it again for some vareity.

I will start adding more volume for the rows thanks for the tip.
My .02, you need physical therapy or consult with a sports therapist. I had a grade 3 adductor tear with complete rupture. Scrotum filled with blood all the way down past my knee - the bruising was gruesome. 24-25 weeks later, I hit 315 for a smooth and fast double.

Couldn’t have done it without real PT..

L

Lowrida

Feb 2, 2021
I just wanted to post and update in here as I was super grateful for people paying attention and asking and helping.

I started doing Wendler 5/3/1 via the app as I realised structure was really missing from my training when doing this journal. Its also helped me get more done knowing what needs to be ticked off.

I will try and update when some decent milestone PRs happen

Thanks

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
You've built a great foundation to build on. Perseverance will be your key.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic