jacobss
What's New?

24 Hour Fitness is spiraling downhill.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Great idea man.
I'm in Orange County, CA and work near the Civic Center which is downtown Santa Ana.
Would appreciate any suggestions.

Somehow I found this "on the downlow" gym Revival Fitness. It's on 17th street. Only web presence is a low-traffic Facebook page and Instagram. They have no signage off 17th. Looks to be a serious gym. Have to DM the owner to get an appointment apparently. Anyone know about this place?
I have heard that is a good gym. They limit/cap the number of members to ensure it doesn't get overly crowded during peak hours. However, because of this, their membership price is on the high side. Expect to pay over $100 a month for a membership.

norm

norm

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2023
I have heard that is a good gym. They limit/cap the number of members to ensure it doesn't get overly crowded during peak hours. However, because of this, their membership price is on the high side. Expect to pay over $100 a month for a membership.

Awesome. Thanks GF. I will contact them and check it out. Yes, I would expect a higher membership cost. People who pay that should be a better crowd than the 24-type gyms. I know that Crossfit and Orange Theory charge like that.

norm

norm

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2023
I joined that Revival gym. Made for serious lifters. Huge variety of equipment--the owner is kind of a collector who appreciates the basics with function over beauty. He made note that the dumbbells go up to 150lb. Nice, organized racks--gee, I can find what I need in an instant.
No crowd at all, and close. 24hr door access. $65 now but going up to $90/mo. I get to keep the lower rate. Just trying to get used to the different equipment now.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Sounds a little like Louie's Westside and Zuver's HOF gym before it. Costs a little more than the Purple Place, but like the old MasterCard commercials ... Priceless :cool:

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I will pay more for peace of mind. The only reason I even go to the name brand gyms is due to clients.

K

KyleB

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2012
I will pay more for peace of mind. The only reason I even go to the name brand gyms is due to clients.
I hear ya on that. Why I pay for a Costco membership, keep free loaders and poor people habits away from me. I have in laws that free load with their army of kids, nope, nuh uh, I don't want to be around it and a bunch of people trying to get stuff for free.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic