Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Goliac 7's Master of None Log

Goliac7

Goliac7

MuscleHead
Feb 20, 2015
To preface this log: I've been training for almost 2 months, and I'm seeing some decent progress. I started my journey at 6' and 256 pounds. I've always been a big guy- runs in the family,or my mom was just an awesome cook... College happened and I discovered life on my own. Fast forward to December 2014. I'm living in GA, with a great girl and my dog, and I decide one morning I want to look good. Not have 8% body fat, not lose 50 lbs, not have 21" pythons; I wanted to be able to go the beach and have my girl be proud of me. (She's dating down for sure) I have been doing a combination of cardio, body weight moves, machines, and Dumbbells up to 50 lbs at the gym in my apartment complex. I'll post pretty often, as I work out 4-5 days on average. I'd appreciate the critiques, criticism, or praise that ANYONE has to give. I like to keep it diverse, and I'm open minded... Hopefully some of you will follow along with me.

Goliac7

Goliac7

MuscleHead
Feb 20, 2015
I'll start with tonight's workout... I might have a strange name for some things, just because I don't know what else to call it.

Warm Up:

Elliptical 5:00 = .54 miles
Jumping Jacks 50
W Kicks 100 reps alternating sides (lie on side - lift leg 24" at 45 degrees forward, 90 degrees, then 45 degrees backward to make a W shape)

Working set:

60 min stationary bike= 15.04 miles

While biking I use free weights to really get my heart rate up and try to get the whole body involved. The following were performed while biking at MAX effort intervals of resistance 4 and 7.

15 sets each exercise
Bicep Curls 20 lb / 10 reps
Tri Extension 20 lb / 10 reps
Arnold press 20 lb / 10 reps

Cool Down:
Body weight Calf Raises: 3 sets 20 reps both legs 10/10 reps single leg
Forearm Curls 3 sets/25lb / 20 reps
Planks 3/1:00

Summary: I've been hitting the bike hard, and I'm seeing huge gains in my quads. I usually bike for 10-15 minutes, but felt like pushing myself. 15 miles is probably 2x as far as anything I've ever done in my LIFE. The free weight workout was pretty intense as well. First ten sets went down easy, but I felt a great pump and burn for the last 5 sets of each exercise.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Have you considered investing in a gym membership? We can help you put together a program that will speed this up quite a bit but you will need access to more stuff. Barbells squat racks etc...

Also keep in mind once you hit your weight loss goal and see those muscles under there you WILL want them to be bigger. It's an addiction.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Brother thanks for starting this log!!!

I will be here to support you as will others.

Your workout sounded great!!!

Welcome aboard brother!

Enasni

Enasni

TID Lady Member
Feb 10, 2014
I'll follow along. Good effort today.

Atmae Fitness

Atmae Fitness

Jan 15, 2015
Great start, access to an olympic bar is a game changer in your early progress so I'd look at the gym option.

Goliac7

Goliac7

MuscleHead
Feb 20, 2015
I'd love to belong to a gym, but the problem is that I'm whipped. Haha. I work 6:30- 4, come home, cook (which I love) get changed, workout, and then watch TV for about 30 mins before bed. During the breaks, I have to find time to walk the dog multiple times, tend to a high maintenance girlfriend, and answer emails from bitc** people at work. I'm not trying to sound like a whiner, because I know yall manage, but having to drive in ATL traffic to get to a gym won't work for me right now. At my apartment, I can do many exercises, and I've been convincing myself to talk to management about getting a squat rack. I'm already seeing great results after 2 months; things like vascularity, tightening belt loops, and muscle development in my shoulders and back that I've never seen before. I'm already addicted to the gains I'm seeing, which is why I found TID! Another workout coming today. Chest and Back- should be grueling.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Great job getting the log started. The advice I have received is unexplainable! Keep at it and let us support you in your goals

Goliac7

Goliac7

MuscleHead
Feb 20, 2015
Warm Up:

.5 mile run- 3:39
3:00 Elliptical
5:00 Max distance bike- 1.48 Miles

Superset 3x:

Seated Row- 10 / 110 lb
Single Arm Seated Fly- 20 / 30 lb
Preacher Curl- 10 / 60 lb
Assisted Dips - 15 reps / 60 lb

Working Set 8x:

Chest Press- 1 / 210 lb, 2 / 200 lb, 3 / 190 lb, 5 / 180 lb, 5 / 170 lb, 8 / 160 lb, 12 / 140 lb, 12 / 120 lb
Lat Pulldown- 4 / 200 lb, 8 / 150 lb (repeat 4x)
Incline Bench DB chest press- 10 / 50 lb
Bent Over DB row- 10 / 50 lb
DB Shrugs- 10 / 50 lb
Straight Arm Cable Pulldowns- 20 / 20 lb

Superset 3x:
Medicine Ball Jump Squats- AMRAP
DB Good Morning 2/20 lb- AMRAP
Standing DB oblique crunches 30 lb- AMRAP
DB Goblet Squat 30 lb- AMRAP

Summary:
Legs were very tight from yesterday... Experienced some cramping, but didn't hydrate as well as I could have today. Felt good with the front side of things, back didn't feel as strong as usual today. Noticing development in traps and delts more and more each day. Once more weight comes off, I'll have a nice taper to the back as well. The v shape is there, just needs a tune up. Got compliments on my calf development while working out. Tomorrow is an off day, unless the girl wants to hit the gym, but I'll be back at it Friday.

Atmae Fitness

Atmae Fitness

Jan 15, 2015
Nice work. Are you following any sort of programme?

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Awesome, just awesome! Really glad you joined TID and started a log and have set some goals for yourself. I agree with what POB and some of the others said,.

If a gym isn't feasible right now, let's figure out how we could make it happen in the near future. We can and will help you out.. We are a really tight knit community here and like family. The log section is a very unique and special section of our forums.

You're really getting in a lot of work, and I commend you for that. I hope that you stay around and keep your willpower strong because we will help transform you and make you an addict of this lifestyle as we are :)

reloader77724

reloader77724

Feb 5, 2015
Awesome work!!!! Its hard to squeeze in the time at the gym lol. You'll figure it out though. Just remember that you may have to start sacrificing something to get your time in. Cooking could be done on weekends for your meals during the week. That saves a lot of time for us. Girlfriend can help as well by walking the dog some to give you a few extra mins to visit the gym. Take gym bag with clothes so you can stop in right after work or may its close enough to go during your lunch break if you have enough time that is. There are so many ways to look at it so you can personalize your gym time. Main thing is your motivated! Don't lose that. Stay focused and determined to find a way to make your nutrition and workouts a way of life since is a lifestyle change. It will help so much if your girlfriend jumps onboard with you and does this as well. Walking the dog could be your cardio. Just kick it up a knotch to get heart rate up around 120 or better for at least 20 mins. That can cut down on some time spent in the gym. We are here to help man so I look forward in following you journal/log. Good to have you.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 2 members watching this topic