Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

2023 was the end of my Mustang

B

body_by_donuts

Jul 5, 2011
Totaled my mustang in 23, the right rear axle broke and bounced me off of a few trees. My new project is an 04 CTS V. The V is a BIG project, once I get it cleaned up I’ll post some pics. For now a couple before and after shots of my S197.
IMG_1137.jpeg

IMG_2549.jpeg

IMG_2547.jpeg

I

Iron1

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2021
Wheel hop will cause all sorts of hell on the drivetrain. Very possible that's what broke the axle but it's all academic now.

Car aside, you okay?

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
CTS V can get quite serious for power, I am actually starting to look around for a gently used Escalade V for me and wifey to tool around in.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Sorry to hear about the Mustang. Strip the mods off and sell them. Can you get a manifold to adapt the SC from the stang to the LS in the V? I had an 04 GTO for 10 years. I loved that car. Is the V a tremec maual or the auto?

I know the V came with more HP than the GTO , they were both the LS1 5.7 is I am not mistaken but the V had better heads and cam, is that correct? Long tubs are worth a BUNCH on those cars. I went catless and picked up 30 hp with a tune.

Sorry I geek out on muscle cars. I too had an accident recently. A semi truck smacked my brand new Tacoma and flipped me. (his fault.) Totaled.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
Totaled my mustang in 23, the right rear axle broke and bounced me off of a few trees. My new project is an 04 CTS V. The V is a BIG project, once I get it cleaned up I’ll post some pics. For now a couple before and after shots of my S197.
View attachment 14867
View attachment 14868
View attachment 14869
Damn those pictures break my heart.
I lost my 2008 charger to an idiot that ran a red light going at least 40. Luckily for me I was turning so it wasn't exactly front end but destroyed the car.
I had tons of work in it and had put down a deposit on a hellcat crate motor and lost that. Wasn't able to get my money back for that but pulled off what mods I could.
I just ended up getting a kia stinger GTS only 4000 built and an idiot ended up totalling it in 2022 with less than 7000 on it. Ended up getting a 2023 Stinger GT2 the last year they made the car. So many memories with my charger.

B

body_by_donuts

Jul 5, 2011
Sorry to hear about the Mustang. Strip the mods off and sell them. Can you get a manifold to adapt the SC from the stang to the LS in the V? I had an 04 GTO for 10 years. I loved that car. Is the V a tremec maual or the auto?

I know the V came with more HP than the GTO , they were both the LS1 5.7 is I am not mistaken but the V had better heads and cam, is that correct? Long tubs are worth a BUNCH on those cars. I went catless and picked up 30 hp with a tune.

Sorry I geek out on muscle cars. I too had an accident recently. A semi truck smacked my brand new Tacoma and flipped me. (his fault.) Totaled.
i was going to buy it back from my insurance but they wanted way to much., so I turned in a crap ton of receipts and a fair offer from them. The 04&05 V had the ls6 5.7 which is a modified ls1, and a t56 that also was in the z06. The 06&07 have the ls2. I have a bunch of parts that I need to install to stiffen the car, and wake it up a bit.

Maybe I’ll start a build thread to get me motivated to work on it…… lol

If you ever thinking of a v8 manual the first gen V is a fun car.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic