Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

2014 Worlds Strongest Man contest.

B

Beachbody

Oct 2, 2010
I haven't seen any thread about the 2014 Worlds Strongest Man contest. I saw a You-Tube video on it and Zydrunas Savickas won. Halfthor Bjornsson was a close second and Brian Shaw was third. There was a comment that Shaw was suffering from a previous bicep tear and was not 100%. That makes 4 titles for Savickas. The contest was held in Los Angeles.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Thanks for posting this bud.

I am not able to watch videos (they take up too much of my limited bandwidth on my sattelite internet connection), so I am somewhat out of the loop on that type of news.

wesleyinman

wesleyinman

MuscleHead
Jan 9, 2014
Yeah they air them at Christmas time and on Christmas Day for anyone who wasn't aware.

The contests were gaining momentum back in 07-2011 and then seemed to slow down again sadly.

When Poundstone and Mariusz were competing it generated a big buzz.. Z is awesome, prob one of the best of all time, but he's not super popular..and I am kind of thinking it's because he doesn't have a 12 pack like Pudz and Derek? I could be wrong.

A

AlH

Jul 22, 2014
One of the best finals for years. Top3 in a league of their own. Think that was z greatest win. The event took place march 2014 but since then z has leaned up and so has Thor I think mainly for his acting in got. Be interesting to see if they can compete with shaw in 2015' being leaner. Unless they bulk back up

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
Its incredible that the Icelandics are so well represented over the years.
Its a country with 350,000 people.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
What made this one so great is that any of the top 3 could have won it.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
I had to come back to this thread and thank you for posting these...... Great competition this year..... poor Shaw after the keg toss. That was BRUTAL from THor.....

wesleyinman

wesleyinman

MuscleHead
Jan 9, 2014
What was your guys favorite comp WSM -(last decade)??

I will take Poundstone versus Pudzianowski when he drops the stone. Best finish I have ever seen personally.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

AlH

Jul 22, 2014
I enjoyed the final where pound stone just missed out, 2014 was a brilliant one but my favourite was 2006 when phfister had to come back and pipped pudz at the end

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic