Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

2 or 3% BA???

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
i've been reading up on home brewing for like a year now and the one thing i noticed is the inconsistent percentage of BA from one recipe to another. i have recipes that range from 2%-5% and was just wondering if somebody could shed some light on why. or perhaps their experience with different BA percentages and what works best for them...
i am assuming that a lower percentage would mean less post injection pain, but i have been told by a reliable source that you dont wanna go below 3%.
any input on the subject would be appreciated

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
2% is the norm, but 1% will do the job. Adding any more than 2% can result in pain for some users. If u r brewing for your own use, I would start at 1% and work your way up until u r satisfied with whatever % u choose.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
thanks FD. shit if 1% will do the trick then why go any higher?
i could see for distribution purposes maybe but 1% for personal use sounds pretty painless to me

trentracks

trentracks

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 23, 2011
The old theory of BA being what makes the stuff sterile,but it is in fact the filtering and the BA keeps things from growing in the sterile filtered environment

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
3% BA just sounds really fuckin painful, at times 2% can be painful as well. Just stick with the normal.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
thanks FD. shit if 1% will do the trick then why go any higher?
i could see for distribution purposes maybe but 1% for personal use sounds pretty painless to me

If I were making gear for MYSELF, I would skip adding BA. U make up a vial of gear that is filtered, how long will that vial be around, 2 weeks, a month at the most. Not a long time for something to start growing in a sterile environment. BA is meant for items that will remain on the shelf for an extended period of time. Now this may seem crazy to many, but again I said if I were making gear for my own personal use I would skip adding the BA. So if your undecided, add in a little and things will be fine.

jdjack

jdjack

MuscleHead
Sep 22, 2010
BA kills soo much that I'd stay with the 1%. Why chance it. You know what an abcess costs to fix?!!

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
^^^this will probably be my best bet. when i do make a batch its gonna be like 40-50ml so i'll stay on the safe side. thanks fellas

usa

usa

MuscleHead
Dec 24, 2010
I couldn't imagine anyone using 5% BA in any gear these days.

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
I say 1% ba. That's what we used in years gone by.

Slic.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic