Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

1st cycle - anavar - questions, advice, etc

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
If your goal right now is hypertrophy, the increase in protein will be great, but I'd also suggest you up the carbs a bit as well. When I've done bulker phases and doubled my carbs and cals, my lifts doubled in some cases. Protein is the muscle builder, but carbs are your fuel. What I'd suggest is doing a bit of a lean bulker where you're increasing your carbs on your heavy lifting days and dropping it on your off or cardio-only days.

letigre

letigre

Sep 24, 2011
SASSY.... arrgghhh! I have to admit... I am a bit of a carbophobe :( jacking up my carbs scares the bejesus out of me. I also have a couple of beach vacations planned this winter, so I still want to stay lean. BUT... years ago, I took a diet break and just ate whatever the hell I wanted (only tracked protein) and, actually, that was also the first time i did a real strength program (5x5) and I sprouted these awesome shoulder caps, lol :D

I was not lean at all, but you could see them, clearly!!! They were great, haha!

I'm actually being REALLY generous with myself today with the carbs, I usually keep it under 80g unless its a moderate day or a refeed day (I usually do that every Saturday, just relax a bit... have a social meal, indulge in carbs throughout the day, no binging). This is probably something I need to get over too. I am much better than i ever was about carbs since going gluten-free. I think a lot of the ills i blamed on eating carbs was actually because I am gluten sesnitive. It doesn't make me physically sick, but I do look noticably bloated if i eat anything more than a nibble or a mouthful wheat related. So since I discovered that, i've played with my carbs a bit and I do eat more of them in general... even when i eat a lot of carbs, I get no water retention or any crazy instant weight gain like I used to.

Though... today was an extremely high fiber day, so I really only had 98g of carbs that my body will actually use as energy. I'll try to keep it up over 100g on training days, maybe 150g as an upper limit and see how I go.

Y

yadira0020

TID Lady Member
Dec 1, 2011
Hi guys, quick question. Can anavar be used during bulking, or is it best during a cutting phase. Also, what are ECAs? I know they are thermogenics, but what kind. Any suggestions on those? Still bulking but looking to cut in March. Thanks!

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Hi guys, quick question. Can anavar be used during bulking, or is it best during a cutting phase. Also, what are ECAs? I know they are thermogenics, but what kind. Any suggestions on those? Still bulking but looking to cut in March. Thanks!

Sure can, Avar is great for both with women, it's actualy a bit more anabolic than test . Ephedrine caffeine asprin, works well for the extra fat burning if you get good quality.

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
Technically you can cut or bulk on any cycle. Obviously for the guys running the highly aromatizing stuff like deca and the longer test esters, there's considerable water retention, etc which doesn't really work well if you're trying to cut, but the point is that your DIET will determine if you cut or bulk. The cycle is just going to be a support to whatever it is you are eating for.

Var is a great base cycle for cutting or bulking for women because it has a decent anabolic effect w/ maintainable gains with minimal sides and medically speaking, great healing / recovery effects to support heavier lifting, faster recovery, greater sense of well-being, etc. The one thing that can be annoying if you're trying to cut on var is that many people retain some water on it. Not excessive like deca, but there can be some retention. If you are cutting for a specific date, then drop the var at 10 days out to allow the water to clear out. Otherwise, IMO its not that bad and just deal w/ it until the end of your cycle. Don't go looking to run any AIs or stuff w/ it because it doesn't aromatize and AIs are too aggressive to the system to just dump a little water. You can run some OTC stuff like dandelion root, if its bad, or adjust your dosing to find the sweet spot, but pay attention to the purpose of your cycle and not whether or not you are comfortable w/ some water.

Anyway - aside from the water issue if you're envisioning stage-quality leanness, var will support whatever your diet is designed to do.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic