Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

17.50 an hour to flip burgers

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
If you're not getting a cost of living increase as a minimum annually you make less every year. And that sounds like a you problem.
It's not a You problem, it's an Us problem. You're making a blanket statement with very little information.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Lets not forget he didn't even talk about his screw up with the Afghan withdrawal, where he left like 80 million dollars worth of military equipment, 13 lives lost, and people left behind...oh, and he's putting his faith into the Taliban:rolleyes:

He touted for us to Buy American, which is AWESOME.....but we were already doing that with Trump. Biden has relied heavily on China, and after shutting off our natural gas/oil lines, he is spending like a billion dollars a day to get oil from Russia....yet, he is for buy American....guy is hilarious.

So much more...lol.

He touts he is going to lower prices during inflation, yet he wants minimum wage to go up too. Labor, gas, delivery, and wage costs go up.....GOOD LUCK bringing down prices. People will have to under-staff their businesses.

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
Not sure if this has been mentioned...

many smaller eateries have/are closing. high cost of food, supplies driving them out of business. Another two businesses lost last week where we order lunch/dinner from while at work.

even with the higher wages.....they can't find staffing. I have never seen so many signs saying "We Are Hiring"

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
Not sure if this has been mentioned...

many smaller eateries have/are closing. high cost of food, supplies driving them out of business. Another two businesses lost last week where we order lunch/dinner from while at work.

even with the higher wages.....they can't find staffing. I have never seen so many signs saying "We Are Hiring"
Yes it's getting worse every day. We have really great restaurants around here only open Tuesday Thursday and Saturday and Sunday due to staffing. I know the managers of two and they said if it keeps getting worse they will have to close their doors.

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
aa06d2baea94a444a2086f5e86edd10a.jpg

Jimmy John’s

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
aa06d2baea94a444a2086f5e86edd10a.jpg

Jimmy John’s
Not for nothing but it's 2 hrs.and how is 11am to 1 pm fall into the nights part of the nights and weekends? Far from a full time job but I get the point.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Not for nothing but it's 2 hrs.and how is 11am to 1 pm fall into the nights part of the nights and weekends? Far from a full time job but I get the point.
I believe they are informing the applicant it’s also some nights and weekends outside 11-1.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Bucee's just opened up in a little town near mine and are starting their cashiers out at $23 per hour and management at $30. I make $40 per hour and my wife makes more than me and we are struggling with gas prices among other things. Come on man, $800 fucking bucks a month in gas?

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Bucee's just opened up in a little town near mine and are starting their cashiers out at $23 per hour and management at $30. I make $40 per hour and my wife makes more than me and we are struggling with gas prices among other things. Come on man, $800 fucking bucks a month in gas?
What do you two drive that gas costs you $800 a month? I essentially live on the road and prices are coming down.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
"Regular" gas has been at $3.59 in some places that don't gouge in my corner of the USA for the last few days, maybe a week. Not always about who the President is, or your Governor is, it's about what market forces and what the Oil Companies and their distributors think they can get away with.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic